Compared to 80% in the rest of Europe, only 8% of homes and businesses in the UK can connect to a full fibre network. FibreNation is on a mission across the UK to connect 3 million homes and businesses, so you can enjoy the same broadband speeds as our gigabit-city, York, home to the fastest broadband speeds in the country. FibreNation is behind the UK’s first Gigabit City in York where 44,000 homes will enjoy the benefits of full fibre. This is the biggest fibre infrastructure currently available in the UK – and our network has made York the fastest in the country. Harrogate, Knaresborough and Ripon will see over 40,000 homes and business be rolled out over the next few years.
FibreNation was launched by TalkTalk in November 2018 as a wholesale FTTP operator. It operates as a separate company. We’ve got the power to do full fibre differently. Building a network that’s fully gigabit-capable and offers simple, wholesale pricing and a legacy-free business.FibreNation currently employees 50 colleagues, the majority of which are based at Northbank House, Irlam. Previously we have been split across several locations, but we have recently moved into this office, which gives us a great opportunity to build a fantastic environment for a rapidly growing team and business.
This role is pivotal to help make the environment a success, by ensuring the team in the office can work effectively and efficiently. You will also provide some project and administrative support to the FibreNation Senior Leadership Team. Occasional travel may be required to support off site events and visit other FibreNation hubs. As the responsibilities are varied, to succeed in the role you will need strong organisational skills, the ability to multi-task, great attention to detail, good communication skills and a can do, positive attitude. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative start up business that is starting to scale its operations whilst maintaining its core values of entrepreneurship, collaboration and customer focus.
About the role
Effective management of FibreNation’s Head Office in Irlam:
- Ensure day to day operations within the office run smoothly.
- Gather feedback and suggestions from the teams to improve the workplace and bring these to the FibreNation leadership team or local management team
- Liaise with TTB Direct and TalkTalk to ensure a ‘great place to be’ office environment, escalating and ensuring timely resolution of any issues.
- Ensure all office equipment and facilities are always in working order, escalating and ensuring timely resolution of any issues.
- Source and order minor or small office items, e.g. branded materials, to ensure a great working environment.
- Act as a primary contact for visitors to FibreNation.
Support for ‘people’ projects and initiatives:
- Provide support for further office moves within the Irlam office, e.g. engage with the office design, manage the build and kit out, etc.
- Provide administrative supportive for people activities associated with separation from TalkTalk, e.g. collating data, maintaining spreadsheets, etc.
- Support actions arising from the engagement survey.
Provision of administration support and event management:
- Provide diary management and support for FibreNation’s CEO and Chairman.
- Provide support for FibreNation Senior Leadership team with travel and organising team events.
- Organise FibreNation ‘all hands’ meetings and events.
- Maintain an effective internal communications infrastructure, e.g. distribution lists, noticeboards.
In order to be considered for the role, candidates will need to possess the ability to establish and manage stakeholder relationships, multitask and work to deadlines, anticipates customer needs and challenges and delivers against them. You will need strong Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint. You will also demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and contribute towards an energetic and motivated team environment.
What we can offer you
We’re big on giving people a choice about how they work. That’s why we’re embracing what we call ‘next generation ways of working’. Put simply, we’ll give you a real say about how, when and where you work – and all the tools you need to do it.
We want everyone here to have an impact; to have a voice. To be part of something big. To be part of something new. In every role, in every team, people here are given a say. What can we do better? How can we simplify things for our customers? Where next? What next? How can we get where we want to be? And when can we get there?
We'll get the best out of you so you can do great things for our customers.
You’ll join a pacy, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping