Application Security Lead
Job Description Summary
The application security lead is responsible for leading and managing a team of specialists working on application and infrastructure penetration testing. The role will provide expert security advice and grow and manage a comprehensive security service that all areas of TalkTalk Group can consume.
Key roles and responsibilities include:-
- Own and evolve the pen testing service for TalkTalk key stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with key business and technology stakeholders in order to influence and drive security best practice across TalkTalk.
- Support business projects in the form of offering a leading security testing service, including detailed scoping, reporting and resource demand management.
- Support design activities to ensure solutions are compliant with relevant security policies, principles and standards.
- Assist in compliance projects and help embed security standards.
- Own and maintain pen testing tooling / services including 3rd parties.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on industry trends and best practices to provide security thought leadership in TalkTalk.
- Supplier engagement in the selection and testing of product solutions as part of the architectural portfolio.
- Lead a team of pen testers / ethical hackers.
- Have a strong enterprise background and follow industry best practice.
- Support security awareness and training programme to develop and delivery relevant material.
- 5+ yearsâ experience in pen testing
- Highly effective communicator
- Extensive knowledge of hacking and penetration testing techniques, methodologies and tools, covering web application testing and infrastructure testing as a minimum
- 3+ yearsâ experience of managing a technical team
Be great to also have:
- Undertaken security architecture / testing role in a telecoms environment
- Technical certifications in at least one of the following: TIGER Scheme; CREST, GPEN, CISSP, CEH, CHECK, CISSP, CISM, CISA etc.
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols, Operating system security (Windows, Unix, Mac OSX, Android, iPhone, etc.
No of Openings
Scheduled Weekly Hours