The role sits within our Quality Assurance & Test team and is critical to ensuring the quality of code created within the BSS and OSS business functions. The role engages with internal and external customers to facilitate testing of small projects to large programmes.
- Contribute to test planning
- Review functional and non-functional requirements, raise issues and reject poor and/or unclear requirements
- Write test cases and ensure approval by key stakeholders
- Ensure full requirements coverage and traceability within test specifications
- Work collaboratively with BSS & OSS Delivery teams to understand gaps in testing and ensure any gaps are covered within the test phases and where there are exceptions, raise the risk of impact to the application
- Contribute to the set-up, connectivity and configuration of a test environment including data requirements to support testing to ensure entry criteria met for entry into testing
- Executes test specifications/conducts testing
- Formally record test evidence and archive test results in the ALM tool
- Recognise and record faults with appropriate diagnostic information in the defect management tool
- Contribute to triage meetings to drive resolution of issues and defects, engaging with relevant teams to ensure these are resolved quickly
- Contribute to the Test Exit report
- Maintain regression test suite
- Obtain and maintain a full understanding of the end to end system landscape, as well as the high priority areas relevant to testing
- Contribute to knowledge documents to drive and ensure the teams understanding of the product from a systems perspective and which can be used for knowledge transfer to other test leads/testers
- The ability to influence others across the BSS and OSS functions and champion the need for testing processes, explaining the benefits and justifications
- Work within the Quality Assurance and Test function to ensure testing follows best practice and aligns with the agreed QA Strategy
- Contribute to the test risk and issue log and help drive continuous improvement
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance.
- Embrace flexible working
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.