The Change role is key to business success to enable the smooth implementation of change within the Operation. They will work closely with our Quality and MI teams to understand resource requirements and agree success criteria/standards required to successfully adopt change within the Operation. Getting up to speed quickly is vital, drawing on technical and operational subject matter experts for support but ultimately owning the responsibility for successful delivery of the change and ensuring operational readiness. They will be hands on, delivering required documentation and the supporting framework to ensure the workforce have the necessary support and training to succeed and transition into BAU.
Documenting and clarifying operational requirements is critical to success as is holding shared services are held to account to deliver quality change in line with the Change Framework
Keeping a close eye on the holistic change roadmap to proactively spot challenges and identify risks/conflicts and capacity challenges is critical but also influencing, creating, negotiating and/or flagging these to necessary stakeholders to resolve.
Accurate and effective tracking, reporting and communicating change is necessary to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed and decisions/outcomes are logged.
- Maintain accurate view of change roadmap
- Identify forthcoming change which is likely to impact the operation, getting actively involved in feasibility discussions to shape early.
- Clarify operational requirements and maintain accurate traceability of source and delivery status
- Work with subject matter experts and leadership to ensure requirements are well defined
- Work with operational leadership to define standard requirements necessary to land change successfully
- Actively work with BAs/SAs to ensure change documentation (BRDs, PIDs etc…) reflect operational requirements
- Provide final approval before movement into build/deployment phases
- Identify operational readiness and understand/resolve challenges (including but not limited to)
- Unclear objectives/outcomes
- Conflicting requirements
- Capacity/resource or risk to BAU performance
- Unrealistic deadlines or benefits assessment
- Scope creep and slippage
- Agree and set success criteria and user readiness requirements
- Define testing plans and work with the operation to support execution during UAT
- Ensure operational support framework is agreed and necessary documentation is amended and/or delivered (including but not limited to)
- Work instructions
- Skills/quality framework
- Reporting and MI
- Accurate process maps
- Systems access and profiles setup
- ISO/Audit documentation
- Communicate change roadmap and status across management and the wider operation
- Define contingency and backup plans/solutions
- Maintain change log including approval outcomes/decisions, accepted risks, realised benefits and/or workarounds.
- Support go/no-go decisions on behalf of Operation
- Support testing and trials
- Complete Training needs analysis and engage Training to deliver
- Participate in group change engagement, to ensure Operations are correctly identified and engaged when impacted
- Change management and SDLC experience
- Good grasp of change methodologies e.g. ADKAR, Kotters, 7S etc…
- Experience using process mapping tools e.g. Visio, igrafx, lucid chart etc…
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management
Be great to also have:
- ITIL Foundation
- SharePoint Experience
- Microsoft Planner & Teams