This role is responsible for the delivery of innovation and automation into the Delivery Team across TalkTalk Technology. Supporting the Tooling and Environments Manager and the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will execute the plans that support TalkTalk’s tooling strategy. This particular role is more Development focused than Operations. The team has recently taken on the support of some new applications and we require good developers to continue the development roadmap for these apps. C# experience, NodeJS and SQL Server would be a distinct advantage in this role.
What will you be doing?
- Creating automation and integrations.
- Creating Automated environment scripts for infra and configuration.
- Troubleshooting issues escalated from the BAU sub team.
- Researching new technologies that could be introduced into TalkTalk and preparing business cases to support their introduction.
- Conduct Proof of Concepts with solid documentation to support any recommendation made.
- Reviewing existing systems and processes and analysing their performance from both efficiency and value perspectives. Recommending change where appropriate.
- Review the work of the Junior DevOps Engineers.
- Organise the training and handover of any new processes or systems to the Junior DevOps Engineers so that all the Delivery Teams receive first class support.
What will you need to succeed?
- Proven experience with C#, .Net, NodeJS and SQL
- Drive, flexibility and commitment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Development & Testing Tooling Experience
- Knowledge or exposure to Terraform and puppet
What would be extra special?
- Understand automation technologies
- Experience with SDLC.
- Understand system integration and migration
- A degree computing or equiv. experience
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
• Embrace flexible working - as well as flexible hours we also promote work from home once or twice a week!
• Support you achieve your career goals
• Offer income protection and life assurance
• Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.