You're looking to be responsible for setting up your own schedule.
You're the person looking to expand our current network by co-operating with suppliers, contractors and connecting CatV and Fibre-Optic Cables.
So what's in it for you?
You'll be the person to conduct effective site surveys identifying any space / power related issues whilst maintaining multi-vendor equipment deployed in the various TTG Networks. You'll be responsible for your own diary and schedule whilst completing tasks set by the Senior Field Engineer. You'll have access rights and process knowledge to enter BT Exchanges 24/7 and you'll be a trained, authorised and excited to install elements.
You'll be responsible for scheduled maintenance and identifying potential issues whilst offering solutions to the Network Plan & Build Teams. You'll also have the ability to update various database banks whilst communicating with all departments within the business.
What's the day to day?
- Install new h/w equipment from a multitude of vendors to support Network expansion
- Commission new h/w equipment as per vendors procedures
- Connect and commission new circuits via Fibre optics or Cat-V cable
- Faults analysis of all service affecting faults to a satisfactory resolution
- Identifying specific issues with space & power that may prevent further equipment installations
- Ensure the welfare and H & S of themselves and colleagues
- QA equipment installation to ensure standards are adhered to
- Be part of an on-call rota
This role would be covering the Bournemouth / Southampton area. The perfect person would be based here or near by.
If you're the person to have a full clean driving license and wanting to provide technical expertise in the management of both public and private networks such as IP, WANs and public switched telephone networks then we are wanting to speak to you.
If this sounds like the right position for you then apply away. Alternatively, if you've got any further questions you can pop me an email over to email@example.com