Core Finance is the heartbeat of financial record preparation through the processing of financial transactions, application of accounting standards and preparation of month end reports. We work closely with our Finance Business Partners to provide insightful financial analysis and ensure a accurate and timely reported financial position.
Finance Analysts are a critical part of the team, providing the first line of financial analysis. As a trainee accountant you will be responsible for processing accounting transactions, balance sheet control and P&L analysis. The role is key in understanding TalkTalk’s business performance through the support you provide to our finance business partners, allowing the organisation to make quality informed decisions.
You will possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, with a high level of attention to detail, enabling the preparation of high-quality management accounts and insight. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing processes to enhance controls, reduce manual intervention to drive departmental efficiencies.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. We will support you through your development as you progress your career as an accountant, offering you study support, interpersonal skill development and networking opportunities. We embrace flexible working to allow you to work dynamically and balance your work life commitments.
This is what the day to day (or month to month as an accountant!) will look like:
- Build trusted, key stakeholder relationships and proactively seek business and product knowledge to contextualise understanding and analysis
- Prepare and reconcile of balance sheet accounts, raising corrective journals where necessary and highlighting risks and opportunities
- Interpret and manipulate large amounts of complex data to prepare month end Management Accounts
- Analyse trends and variances across the financial statement, interlinking non-financial data with financial data, to interpret business performance and aid business understanding for decision making
- Timely and articulate communication of findings and analysis
- Investigate and respond to financial queries
- Continuous improvement to enhance the control framework and improve effectiveness
- Experience in a management accounting role
- Analytical and process skills
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Studying towards CIMA / ACCA qualification would be desirable
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer free TalkTalk products, income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
- Interest free loans to enable you to purchase the latest tech or pay for your holiday
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.