This is a high profile, highly visible management role that has accountability for financial, commercial and analytical support. You will facilitate the timely, high quality and professional financial analysis of key operational and strategic decisions, whilst bringing your own unique and highly valuable contribution to both strategic and tactical. You will be a key contributor and active member of projects teams the Technology Finance team, with lots of exposure to Finance and Business leaders in the Group. A well-respected and highly credible manager, you will own and support a variety of transformational projects and be the “go-to” person for financial analysis, advice, and direction for these activities.
What you would be a part of:
Our finance team have been on a transformational journey from transactional to a high value adding function. As Finance Manager you will play a key role in shaping the future. Comprising business partnering and complex investment cases, your role will comprise the following key elements.
Ultimately you will help drive and maintain the momentum towards best in class financial decision-making, service provision and exceptional customer (internal and external) satisfaction.
This is what the day to day will look like:
- Influence key projects with Commercial and Financial insights and acumen
- Informing key strategic decisions with bespoke analysis
- Provide high quality financial modelling & business cases to support major investments
- Work closely with operational teams to evaluate the financial impact of changes
- Form strong relationships with Procurement to structure contracts and drive cost efficiencies
- Monitor financial impact to ensure programmes are delivering as expected
- Create cross divisional interlock to assess impact of TCS led activity
- Provide support and challenge as trusted advisor to project stakeholders
Skills and Attributes:
- Confident and with good communication skills being capable of building strong relations with senior stakeholders
- Well-developed management skills. Articulate, confident and credible.
- Well organised, highly analytical and with strong project management skills.
- Excellent grasp commercially with outstanding financial modelling skills and strong attention to detail
- Resilient and work well under pressure. Able to handle ambiguity.
- The ability to challenge positively and debate confidently.
- Creative and innovative in approach.
- High energy levels, tenacious, resilient and with high integrity.
Key skills and core experience
- Post qualification experience in a commercial finance role with proven track record
- Experience of working with a network of individuals across a large organisation
- Strong management skills, someone who is strategic but operationally savvy and not afraid to take decisions, challenge at senior level, and reshape the organisation and the current way of doing things
Academic and professional Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree
- Full accounting qualification – CIMA: ICAEW, ACCA or similar.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll join a pacey, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Flexible hours and home working
- Offer income protection and life assurance