We’ve defined our ‘why’. We’ve always had a strong brand story. We exist to make connectivity simple, reliable, affordable and fair. We believe that the best connectivity, calls and TV should be “For Everyone”.
We have successfully launched a brand framework, creative platform and look and feel to support our story.
The next chapter for the business is twofold:
Ensure our brand connects with people who are looking for value without compromise when it comes to their connectivity and in home content provider. Help the nation to level up to full fibre, speaking to new audiences who have smarter homes and greater demands on their connections.
This role is a 12 month contract covering maternity leave.
Role scope includes:
- Own the brand strategy - Create, maintain and plan the execution of our brand strategy.
- Responsible for group brand portfolio and how it’s represented against the brand strategy.
- Be the bridge between commercial outcome and customer need.
- Ownership of consumer brand marketing including media strategies and budgets and third party suppliers.
- Responsible for consistent representation of the brand through all marketing channels from advertising, social, PR, corporate affairs, customer and acquisition marketing, on and offline, internal comms and content.
- Ownership of the brand’s health, closely following awareness, consideration and perception metrics.
- Positioning, naming and messaging of all consumer products and services and responsibility for working across business functions to ensure our brand purpose is understood and our brand messages, language & values are constantly woven throughout.
- Close liaison with the Head of Customer Experience, UX and UI to deliver a best in class brand experience.
This should bring synergy between the brand we advertise and the brand we are.
This will ensure a positive experience for our customers and a consistent brand impression across everything we do. This will also identify some tangible points of difference that, when communicated out to prospects, both through brand advertising and positive WOM, can increase our ability to convert awareness to consideration.
The role is very cross functional, with the following focus:
- Represent our brand in language, tone and identity across the group.
- Work on the continued rollout and ongoing refinement of brand representation across all customer experience touchpoints
- Work with the customer service teams to define what the brand experience should be in that space and how to make it happen
- Be able to speak to different audience cohorts effectively with unique strategies.
- Key stakeholder in reviewing all customer facing activity including comms, customer marketing, user experience journeys and agent training.
- Support the internal comms team in telling colleague stories including landing company values, internal product and service launches and colleague events.
- Coupled with insight look for opportunities to deliver compelling brand messages that will drive our brand reputation and counter negative brand perceptions.
- Agree with other Marketing SME’s/ HO Mktg Strategy and agency partners, the most appropriate channel and messaging plan to meet objectives.
- Coordinate with HO Mktg strategy to ensure all brand and campaign assets are delivered on brand.
- Challenge where there is a lack of substance to our message funnel.
- Lead the development of an evolved brand platform and marketing plan for FTTP.
- Working with the HO Mktg Strategy, ensure the media plan that supports our brand activities cuts through and is innovative.
- Monitor the strength of the brand via tools available (e.g. tracker), in addition look for new means of understanding brand health and sentiment.
- TTB, Corporate, HR, Int comms, careers.
- Lead strategy, planning and the team responsible for the development of brand campaigns.
- Reporting and optimization of all brand campaign activity.
- Lead all partnership activity & branded social.
- Close relationships with PR to enhance brand reputation.
Product, Propositions & Policies
- Uphold our brand values at every opportunity and be a vocal contributor (e.g. at PAB) on proposals impacting our brand positioning (positively or negatively).
- Develop distinctive data led positioning for all products and propositions and ensure this is accurately reflected across all touchpoints.
- Naming, nomenclature.
- Working closely with commercial and insight teams to develop market leading propositions.
- Whilst the role doesn’t have immediate direct reports, it will have project ownership both within team and cross departmentally.
- Manage the Brand (non SAC) budget efficiently.
- Monitor 3rd party suppliers and always ensure we are getting the best from them.
- Working with HO Mktg Strat and Mktg Director to lead creative agency.
- At least 10+ years experience, including leading a brand & marketing function.
- Strong brand strategy experience with either agency or in house.
- Passionate about developing and managing a team.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
- Self-starting, we’re an owner run business which means we operate a lot like a start-up, thinking on our feet and consistently pushing ourselves to be better.
- Happy to roll your sleeves up. You lead by example and get stuck in as and when needed.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.