Head of IT Commercial Operations
We are currently looking to recruit for a Head of IT Commercial Operations. The TalkTalk IT estate is supported by circa 90 different supplier services, costing in excess of £20m per annum, with the majority of this being associated with suppliers dedicated only to IT Operations. There are five strategic relationships accounting for much of the technology services and spend, for which IT Operations is overall accountable. The ability for IT Operations to ensure best value and performance from suppliers is therefore fundamental to both the service we deliver to stakeholders and customers and our ability to do this cost effectively.
About the role
The Head of IT Commercial Operations is there to provide support, challenge and value in order to achieve commercial goals through enhanced and forward-looking decision making. They are accountable for all technology supplier contracts that are intrinsic to the accountabilities of IT Operations, specifically, managing the total spend, cost optimisation and contractual performance. Accountable for ensuring successful delivery of the supplier services and their integration into the broader IT Operations (and Technology, Change and Security) model; and working closely with other teams / colleagues who support IT Operations to achieve optimum results overall.
This role is responsible for:
- Managing an overall supplier framework (including tiering) to ensure clarity, transparency and appropriate management focus; and is responsible for leading a virtual team of other roles engaged in supporting the overall contractual performance management activities
- Maintaining an accurate picture of supplier-related risks and owning the corresponding mitigation plans (including delegation to the appropriate team to own, wherever appropriate)
- Responsible for owning and managing the overall supplier landscape (for IT Operations) and for driving effective strategies
- Responsible for effective management of suppliers to maintain (or achieve) compliance with all group policies or accreditation standards; and ensuring technical standards are scrutinised
- Will own the supplier ‘assurance’ policy / principles and any overall intervention plans to remediate (leveraging appropriate functional expertise) – with the execution / resolution mainly being carried out by other technology teams
- Responsible for the establishment and operation of related processes to maintain control. In particular for supplier licence management and asset management, where resources will be directly managed by this role
- Driving commercial profitability of the function by providing transparency around supplier performance, coupled with actions to mitigate
- Reporting on key variances to budget and producing clear improvement plans that will eradicate such variances
- Providing support and challenge to internal teams for all commercial requirements
- Owning the relationship between Procurement and IT Operations and ensuring early engagement to maximise commercial value.
In order to be considered for the roles, candidates will need to have proven leadership skills with successful track record of leading cross-functional teams. It is essential that candidates have strong stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to motivate, engage with and influence at all levels. Strong commercial and contract background, with rigorous approach to cost management and you will need to have extensive coverage working in a similar role. Ideally, you will have a technical background within Telecoms and in-particular IT services, technologies and industry standard practices.
What we can offer you
We’re big on giving people a choice about how they work at TalkTalk. That’s why we’re embracing what we call ‘next generation ways of working’. Put simply, we’ll give you a real say about how, when and where you work – and all the tools you need to do it.
We want everyone here to have an impact; to have a voice. To be part of something big. To be part of something new. In every role, in every team, people here are given a say. What can we do better? How can we simplify things for our customers? Where next? What next? How can we get where we want to be? And when can we get there?
We'll get the best out of you so you can do great things for our customers.
You’ll join a pacy, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
Sound like you?
Please click on the link below to apply directly on the TalkTalk Careers Website or please email firstname.lastname@example.org