Head of Procurement
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the roleholder is responsible for leading 2 business unit procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable stakeholders to maximise the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives.The role is key to setting the strategic direction for the procurement function through leading, developing and motivating a team to deliver best in class strategic sourcing and procurement across a diverse spend portfolio for two TalkTalk business units. The role is a key part to managing, and getting value, from the annual supplier spend.
Stakeholder and Supplier Management:
· Act as Procurement Business Partner to two business units, ensuring Procurement is at the forefront of any external spend requirements
· Develop a clear understanding of the demand into Procurement for specific categories of spend, over the FY and beyond
· Respond to stakeholder needs with focus on establishing commercial requirements, deliverables and priorities
· Build strong and effective supplier and stakeholder relationships in order to maximise supplier performance
· Manage strategic and critical third parties and maintain a 360 view of supply to achieve the best value for money
· Work closely with the Procurement Director to deliver an integrated value adding Procurement function
· Creation and ongoing value creation through selection and management of a world class supply base
· Identification and realisation of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
· Work closely with the Finance Management teams to ensure Company financial targets are understood and objectives are aligned
· Deliver annualised savings targets as agreed with the Procurement Director and business leads
· Support the team in key supplier negotiations and renegotiations to deliver best value solutions
· Measure and report on the value delivered and ensure value is in line with or better than industry
· Manage supply chain risks with appropriate contracting methodology and comprehensive terms and conditions
People Management and Leadership:
· Management responsibility of Category Managers and Buyers
· Provide leadership direction, coaching and development to the team
· Support and contribute to team building and team dynamics and lead by example
· Be positive and professional all times, enhancing the credibility of the business at every given opportunity
· Able to effectively lead and influence at all levels
· Manage team performance, undertaking regular individual reviews to reflect achievements against targets as required
· Collaborative working with key leaders and ExCo in TTG
How will I be rewarded?
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance. We also:
- Embrace flexible working (e.g. opportunity to work from home)
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!