You will ensure the effective execution of the operational strategy for all key TalkTalk applications. You will play a fundamental role in the management and performance of ‘owned’ applications to ensure they operate at optimal levels and provide our customers with the best possible service.
You'll understand and report on all in-life aspects of applications including capability, availability, capacity, cost, the vendor engagement and compliance. If a question needs answering about an application, you will be able answer it or know who does know the answer.
You will provide strong cross functional leadership to create positive alignment between delivery and operations; ensuring changes land smoothly and operate optimally.
Working with external partners, Subject Matter Experts, Solution Architects, Infrastructure, Project Management and Delivery Teams, you will understand business processes and expectations, how the application works in detail and all aspects of the underlying support infrastructure.
You will also:
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvements in the application estate and work to drive a reduction in problems by engaging with vendors
- Proactively contribute to developing the Application strategy and delivery methodologies
- Influencing the roadmap planning and driving the change delivery priorities
- Manage total cost of ownership of applications by planning and sponsoring maintenance, upgrade and decommission activity
- Have a deep understanding of the application design, the ‘as-built’ configuration and operational support model, including associated ‘run books’ covering deployment and support standards
- Make key decisions on performance and operability including capacity and availability management, anticipating business demands and operational acceptance testing criteria.
- Contribute to service catalogue management and controlling appropriate user access
- Ensure that all in-scope applications are used within their licensing commitments and remediate where licensing changes are required
- Work with Design and Development teams on implementing or improving processes to deliver robust and stable applications
- Plan and coordinate responses to security and audit issues
What do I need?
- Technical mindset with an IT background
- The ability to understand technically a problem and translate back to the business.
- Ability to understand strategy internally and externally to TalkTalk
- Experience in service management
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.