The Practice Lead for testing is accountable for the definition and evolution of the Test Strategy whilst managing, measuring and governing the overall Testing Service provided by an outsourcing partner. The service aims to deliver testing across Systems Integration, End to End and UAT for TalkTalk Software Delivery projects.
The Practice Lead will lead the team of Test Managers and assure the test delivery across TalkTalk Software Engineering and is also accountable for setting testing standards & automation as well as overseeing the quality assurance of software testing approach, planning and delivery.
The Testing & Automation team are a sat within the Software Engineering team and act as a “Practice” to ensure testing standards are set consistently across our engineering towers of Consumer & Direct, Common Services, Wholesale & Data.
The team are responsible for Test Strategy, Test Standards & Approach, Test Delivery for Systems Integration & End to End including areas of performance testing.
- Accountable for the definition and evolution of the Test Strategy
- Promote the value of solid testing practices including automation & performance testing to all delivery stakeholders and influence adoption of best practice
- Accountable for the definition of Automation Approach & Standards
TEST LEADERSHIP & GOVERNANCE
- Manage and govern the testing processes through line management of Test Managers
- Identify, manage and mitigate key risks to the Testing Service
- Define and maintain KPI’s in collaboration with 3rd party vendor
- Govern vendor all testing & automation standards across Software Engineering teams
- Act as governance on process & tooling decisions for the testing Practice
- Maintain close working relationships with all key stakeholders for Test Delivery such as Group Transformation, Software Engineer HoD, Practice Leads and 3rd Party Vendor to ensure service agreements are being met
- Own relationship with Business Stakeholders to measure success of UAT activity, maintaining key relationships and improvements to service
- Ensure localised and wider Testing Service reports are managed across all key stakeholders
- Ensure the drive of key initiatives to broaden testing coverage
- Hold regular service reviews with vendor to evolve the service around improvement initiatives
- Define and mature reporting capabilities
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.