Role – Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Location – Irlam
Compared to 80% in the rest of Europe, only 11% of homes and businesses in the UK can connect to a full fibre network. FibreNation is on a mission across the UK to connect 3 million homes and businesses, so you can enjoy the same broadband speeds as our gigabit-city, York, home to the fastest broadband speeds in the country.
We now have a great opportunity to join the business as a Procurement and Supply Chain Manager.
This position is integral to building a new department, developing and implementing the procurement strategy and responsible for sourcing, negotiation, contracting and supplier management across our business. This will require a hands-on approach and the roll will be pivotal in creating and maintaining excellent working relationships both internally and externally with our key construction partners and suppliers as part of a national programme.
What will this role include day to day?
- Creating Supply Chain strategies that support the long-term strategic direction of the company
- Ensure maximum productivity including improvements in stock accuracy and delivery of product
- Prepare and negotiate contracts
- Procure materials and supplies
- Manage supply chain compliance, governance and accreditation
- Manage and report on Inventory and Stock Accuracy
- Responsible for all aspects of product storage, handling and distribution
- Work with the wider business to forecast, enabling optimisation of inventory levels
- Leverage process improvements in the supply chain
- Work collaboratively with our suppliers and partners to create best benefits on items such as logistics
- Management of all Key Supplier relationships
What do you need to be successful?
- Strong leadership
- Proven end to end Supply Management experience including category management
- Good negotiation skills and strong commercial awareness of contracts e.g. NEC3, JCT etc.
- Ability to be proactive with problem solving and decision making
- The ability to build a high performing team with strong company values.
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions in a pressurised environment, as well as an ability to think laterally and offer solutions.
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
Click the button to apply!