The Product Management role within the central Product team is a critical function working collaboratively with counterparts in Propositions, Sales, Technology, Transformation, Operations and Marketing. Working collaboratively, this role is the lynchpin to the successful delivery of business outcomes through the design, development and launch of products, whether at Group level or more specifically for the Consumer, Business Direct or Wholesale business units.
Listening carefully to our customers and partners, you will understand their needs and work with your commercial colleagues to create a compelling product portfolio, defining the strategy and roadmap for these products and associated services that strengthen and differentiate the TalkTalk proposition.
You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
Our product managers thrive on continuous learning and want to experience and learn as much about our fast-moving industry as they can. We support this through opportunities to move within the product organisation to support different business units and product portfolios as you progress.
As a Product Manager, you will be accountable for the strategic direction, roadmap and ultimately the development, through collaborative working with your colleagues, of a market-beating product portfolio, in line with the company business plan and targets, the OnePlan.
Reporting to the Head of Entertainment Products, you must also be able to drive development and take initiatives in matrix teams. You will be expected to own your portfolio area with a high level of autonomy, identify opportunities and drive them to fulfilment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Product Management experience, can demonstrate understanding of customer needs, product-market fit, deriving competitive advantage, creation of an excellent CX with a clear focus on delivering what customers want
- Good understanding of the product discovery process and working with agile delivery teams
- Good understanding of Product Lifecycle Management
- Good understanding of telcos/ISPs industry and market, online security, relevant technologies
- Excellent analysis, planning, presentation and execution skills, including ability to develop business cases
- Proven delivery in complex dynamic situations
- Strong stakeholder management skills, able to communicate and evangelise the vision, the strategy and the roadmap, while taking on all feedback and stakeholder input.
- Good collaborative skills, actively supporting the establishment of the new product processes and product team structure.
You’ll work with stakeholders, internal and external, to ensure the product line is delivered efficiently to the highest performance and quality levels and at best value.
As a person, you’ll be flexible, open to change, driven, smart, creative, persistent and enjoy being part of something big!
Specific Accountabilities for Product Manager: Entertainment
- Contributing to, developing as well as ultimately delivering critical areas within the TalkTalk Entertainment strategy and roadmap, working closely with the Head of Entertainment
- You will be comfortable being the Product Owner, owning the backlog, driving prioritisation and working within dedicated cross-functional product teams
- You will lead Product Discovery in Product Squads, creatively and clearly articulating product/market fit, customer journey, CX, business case and identify any technical constraints.
- You will be a thought-leader, advising, guiding, and continuously collaborating with a broad set of stakeholders, including the Product, Consumer, Technology, Operations and Commercial team members
- You will build effective working relationships with external partners too – including as well as Content Provider, Joint-Venture and Device/Service partners.
- You’ll evangelise the product vision
- You will be obsessive about the continuous improvement of our in-life products to deliver our customer needs and drive NPS
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including confidence and experience at presenting to Senior stakeholders
- Business case development
- Strong customer-centric product management skills, ideally experience in working in agile squads and product discovery
- Strong commercial acumen
- Solid understanding of the TV platform market in the UK from both a device and a content perspective
- Understanding of changing consumer behaviours and needs
- Experience of having worked with, or in context of, Public Service Broadcasters (BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5) and SVODs (Netflix, Prime, Now TV, Disney etc)
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.