You will lead a 24x7 Shift team of three Analysts, primarily responsible for 24x7 Security Incident Response and SOC queue management, People management of aligned team and Quality Management of SOC tasks
Day to Day Role
- Incident Response and SOC queue management
- Perform proactive and regular Threat hunting
- Use Threat Hunting to Identify Real time alerting opportunities and communicate ideas to SIEM team
People management of aligned 1x SOC Analyst and 1x Associate SOC Analyst team members:
- Perform yearly Goal setting and reviews
- Coordinate available Shift sub-team resource against workload each shift, delegating tasks as required
- Handle escalations from team members
- Identify and relay sub-team training requirements to SOC Senior Manager
Quality and Efficiency enhancement:
- Mentoring of aligned SOC Analyst and Associate SOC Analyst team members.
- Ensure quality of metrics and commentary provided by sub-team.
- Identify any knowledge gaps in the team that can be addressed via I&I team collaboration.
- Manage OOH Weekly Incident quality review with sub team with following outcomes:
- Long standing incidents are escalated appropriately.
- Playbook steps and Resolution Summary are completed accurately and appropriately with audit level detail, with Playbook tuning steps recommended to SOC Senior Manager for review.
- Manage OOH Monthly review of Top Talker alerts with sub team with following outcomes:
- Assess whether we can better interpret events contributing to these alerts, in order to reduce overall alert volumes.
- Communicate Alert tuning ideas to SOC Senior Manager and SIEM team as appropriate.
- Ability to obtain & hold security clearance
- 3 years+ Infra/Network/Security experience
- Understanding of Cyber Security Principles
- Years plus experience of working in a SOC
Be great to also have:
- SIEM Analyst Experience
- Experience of DLP, WAF, IPS, SWG techs
- Experience of threat hunting
- Line management experience
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.