This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially astute individual to own a key driver of TalkTalk Group performance: the Commercial KPIs within the Copper to Fibre programme.
TalkTalk is seeking to leverage the industry pivot away from legacy copper based broadband infrastructure to Full Fibre connectivity to optimise its network infrastructure in a way that delivers the maximum commercial benefit, when considering the various levers in play (e.g., network economics, product availability, supplier commercials, regulatory framework, customer experience and wholesale partner relationships).
Reporting to the Head of Supplier Strategy for the Supply & Partnerships division and working closely with the Programme team and key stakeholders from our Direct, Wholesale and Technology divisions, this role will be instrumental in shaping a commercial strategy that over time delivers significant improvements in profitability, through optimising the Commercial KPIs of this programme.
This role reports to the Head of Supplier Strategy, within the Commercial area of the newly formed Supply & Partnerships division. The team is responsible for:
- Co-ordination of the commercial aspects of the Copper to Fibre programme (the removal of legacy network infrastructure, as the industry pivots from copper to Full Fibre connectivity).
- Optimising the overall commercial position for TalkTalk through competitive supply and ensuring TalkTalk customers (and Partners) gain access to great value Full Fibre (or closely equivalent) products as soon as practical.
- Negotiation of commercial terms with Suppliers (both the initial set-up and the ongoing monitoring, benchmarking, and evaluation of commercial offers).
Key to this role will be:
- Taking accountability and ownership for defining, delivering, and maintaining the Commercial KPIs within the Copper to Fibre programme.
- Acting as the commercial lead for the Supply & Partnerships division and our first point of contact for this programme, you will be the primary commercial stakeholder in daily stand ups, workshops and cross team working sessions.
- Being a “self-starter” that can be creative in approach and collaborate closely with all other parts of the business (Direct, Wholesale & Technology divisions), securing their buy-in to the journey required to reach an optimised end-state.
- Taking a data led approach, working with key stakeholders to ensure we have available the information needed to make informed and timely decisions.
- Inputting into regulatory and supplier discussions, to make sure the Copper to Fibre programme is fully considered and appropriately represented.
- Performing or directing/shaping commercial analysis required to the optimise the Commercial outcome for TalkTalk group.
- Preparation of the Supply and Partnerships inputs into steer-co presentations and the briefing of our senior leadership team.
This role requires the following skill set and expertise:
- Extensive experience in fixed line telecoms, with knowledge of the following: products (ideally consumer and business grade), operations, technology/network. Experience/understanding of both direct and wholesale business models would be viewed favourably.
- Commercial and analytical acumen to deliver the optimal result for TalkTalk.
- Ability to make recommendations and communicate them to senior stakeholders for agreement/approval.
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex information and concepts and then simplify for communicating to others (including complex legal/contractual and regulatory documentation).
- Work in a highly collaborate way with other business areas and where required use a matrix management approach to help deliver the strategy.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements (P&L, cashflow etc.) and Commercial KPI.
- Ability to work with complex data and be able to articulate what is needed to answer a problem statement to the relevant teams (e.g., the Insight Team).
If this role sounds of interest to you please apply today!
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.