As a Senior Data Engineer, you work alongside Data Engineers and QA Engineers that are renowned for their forward thinking and trail blazing. Exceptionally talented, supportive, and personable. It’s an area that’s challenging and provides excellent growth opportunities.
Our Data Platform is within Azure. Processing a huge 2.6 billion rows a day, sourcing data from over 100 source systems ranging from SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL DB2 and more.
You will be positioned in the Service Delivery business unit of our IT function, within Data & Automation. The Team sits alongside Report Engineering, Data Governance, Data migrations and Automations Teams. The team are always looking to the right tech to deliver value to the business in the most effective, cost efficient and secure way.
Some of the key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to define, document and analyse reporting and analytical requirements
- Design and document flexible and practical data warehouse models to recommended industry standards
- Design robust, secure data pipeline architectures to populate data lake and SQL databases in the cloud
- Experience in Agile delivery and DevOps ways of working
- Mentor and guide the wider development team to transition to cloud data architectures and design patterns
- Act as SME for the Enterprise Data Warehouse and its underlying technologies providing support to end users and stakeholders, plus the wider development and test teams
- Conscientious approach to documenting solutions and sharing attitude
To be successful in this role you will need the following in your skill set:
- Azure Data Platform design and development experience like Azure storage, Azure SQL, SQL DWH, Data Lake, Data Factory, Logic Apps, Function Apps and Databricks
- Good scripting knowledge of languages like Python, Powershell
- Solid understanding and experience of deploying Infrastructure as code
- Good appreciation of the modern software development lifecycle, CI/CD
- Version control software like Git
Be great to also have:
- Telco Experience
- Analysis Services, Machine Learning, Power BI
- Experience of high volumes of data
- Data Architecture
- Understanding of Data Science Lifecycle
We are the UK’s leading value for money connectivity provider, which means that we are a truly a tech driven company that was recently awarded first place in the Greater Manchester Tech 50 list. So, we are serious about technology!
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.