You will take overall accountability for ensuring alignment between Software Delivery streams and IT Operations. Working within the sprints and closely with the software engineering teams they are accountable for the serviceability of the product and ensure deployments into production are strategically built, secure, non-functionally compliant, and effectively monitored.
They will create and maintain a strategy for the requirements and inclusion of operational functionality (Non-Functional Requirements) in delivered systems and drive for its goals.
They will drive the strategy to ensure that production systems have the necessary tooling available to enable effective management.
They are accountable for escalations on complex support issues and contribute to and review Post Incident Reviews and Problems.
Finally, they represent the intersect between new business product functionality & application platform stability & planning, working to improve our NPS and ensuring that operational strategic goals are met.
- Demonstrate Leadership and take accountability for the operational aspects of the deliverables within the End to End delivery process to ensure that the systems are operationally supportable.
- Own the management and process controls in order that operational considerations are embedded in delivery lifecycle.
- Offer strategic direction and ensure that non-production environments and practices best support an effective delivery into production.
- Accountable to work with design teams to ensure Operational concerns are managed and suitable NFRs are captured and have the ownership for the successful delivery of those NFRs into the production systems.
- Strategic ownership for the operational design of applications. Working with Business Stakeholders to ensure they are operationally supportable and ensure that the strategic roadmap is maintained.
- Owning the governance with Software Delivery and support teams to ensure operationally supportable code is delivered into production and is understood by the support teams on a release-by-release basis.
- Analyse current system performance and work with delivery and other teams enhance to ensure that customer needs are being met.
- Accountable for ensuring that the necessary tooling is available to manage the production and non-production systems.
- Articulate to software delivery squads the planned stability actions for each application platform over the execution of the business plan yearly cycle
- Accountable for ensuring that the root cause of incident incidents are assessed and incorporated into future deliveries via the problem management process
- Accountable for ensuring that the production environments have effective monitoring and logging in place
- Driving for simplicity in the systems to improve their supportability
- Owning and driving continuous system improvement
- Lead on discussions with support teams to ensure that support processes are effective.
- Automation or removal of repetitive tasks from the support teams.
- Accountable for ensuring that system support knowledge is effectively determined and documented
You will have a good understanding and experience of software delivery assurance, monitoring/alerting principles, enterprise IT governance and tooling support.
You will be from a technical background but have the ability to influence and shape conversations with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.