Our Broadcom Layer 7 SOA Gateway is part of our Operational Support Systems (OSS) application estate. The gateway is our public API, consumed by our own internal systems plus external organisations to support a wide range of applications and processes. Daily traffic through the gateway exceeds two million requests.
As the SOA Gateway is the TalkTalk public API which is consumed by TalkTalk internal systems and external organisations, the gateway is the hub of the business and supports a wide range of applications, processes and stakeholders. Daily traffic through the gateway exceeds 2M requests.
Working as a Developer within a multi-disciplined team you will participate in an agile delivery process which delivers services which constitute the TalkTalk public API architecture.
You'll design, develop and maintain software products as well as analysing requirements to develop innovative, useful software solutions.
You'll also modifiy existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
It's a varied role which will see you participate in all aspects from detailed programming to high-level system design.
Must Have Skills/Experience:-
- A self-starter mentality
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team working experience
- Experience of the full SDLC (Waterfall, Agile models)
- Minimum of 3+ years SDLC experience
- Experience of adhering to Quality Standards/Best practices
- Web API and/or Web Services knowledge/experience
- Good understanding of SOAP and XML
- Good understanding of Soap UI or similar Web Service/API Testing tools
Optional/Nice to have Skills/Experience:-
- Degree or equivalent in computing/engineering
- Programming/scripting experience
- Web API Security & Management knowledge
- Web security experience/knowledge
- API Standards JSON,REST, OAuth knowledge
- Networking protocols, technologies and tools
- SOA knowledge
- Continuous Integration
- Telecoms products and services
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance.
- Embrace flexible working
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes