.NET Solution Lead
Job Title: .NET Solution Lead
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Experience working on complex IT projects, with some past experience in development (for example: .NET, C#, C++, Java, SQL, Oracle)
- Expertise in one or more of: Customer Relationship Management, Digital, Billing, Order Management, Networking, Logistics & Fulfilment (not necessarily in Telecommunications)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in documentation/presentation
- Knowledge of architecture and design techniques (such as UML, SOA, data modelling etc.)
- Strong Team Player, committed to getting work done
Be great to also have:
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems and products (BSS/OSS, Customer Relationship Management, Billing, Order Management, Networks, LLU, Fibre, Ethernet, SIP)
- Strong formal modelling techniques for data and logical architectures.
- Related IT qualifications
- Experience with core Talk Talk platforms such as Pega or Tibco
About the Solution Designer role:
The role is accountable for designing IT solutions that produce reliable and fit for purpose systems and processes. These systems and processes enable TalkTalk to offer new and innovative products with a great customer experience.
Solution Designers are “customer centric” in their approach to work considering the impact to all customers when formulating solutions. They are dedicated to continually improving our systems and processes by spotting opportunities for improvement and identifying flexible solutions which can support future business requirements.
How will I add value in this role?
Core Design Work
- Interprets business requirements within a project into a set of functional design specifications and other collateral for consumption by development departments
- Derives solution design by working with business analysts, solution- and domain architects, internal customers, delivery and operational teams. In some instances this will include elaborating requirements where appropriate.
- Creating of artefacts such as HLDs that ensure the intellectual property in system design is maintained and documented long term, out side of immediate project needs.
- Ensures the solution design meets the business objectives and aligns with the architectural blueprints and governance framework
- Facilitates and leads design workshops with subject matter experts, delivery leads and other required parties
- Ensures the design repository and design artefacts are accurate, clear and go to the correct level of detail. Describes both static and dynamic behaviours and its associated data. Delivers documentation in a syntax and notation which is consistent with the department’s design guidelines.
- Works closely with the development teams to ensure that the implementation is effective, faithful to the original design and of appropriate quality
- The solution designer is able to fully independently execute small projects and workpacks of medium projects in his/her area of expertise, aligned to Architecture blueprints and with minimum oversight
- The solution designer is able to substantially contribute to medium and large projects or projects outside of his/her expertise with direction, input and review by Solution Architects, Domain Architects and other SMEs as required.
Wider Organisational Impact
- Become a subject matter expert, advising Solution Architects and Domain Architects as required
- Applying lessons learned from previous projects to new designs
- Solution Designers contribute to team processes and standards, for example by taking on roles such as LQM or similar.
- May contribute to IAAs and Shaping Discussions as required by Domain Architects.
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Have an world class state of the art office
- Top 10 Tech Employer in Manchester
- Embrace flexible working
- Quayside Gourmet eatery
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
Location: Soapworks – Salford Quays, Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits