B2B IP Engineer
Why is this role key to our business?
The main function of the B2B IP Engineering Team is to provide resource for the provisioning of new L2/L3 B2B services as well as taking part in the operational and project activities within the Technology department of TalkTalK. The B2B IP Network Engineer will bring 3rd line technical expertise to key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
How will I add value in this role?
- Undertake new works associated with the B2B access network including EAD/EFM/EOFTTC and any new emerging technologies from the CE portfolio, such as SIP and IPVPN.
- Configure and troubleshoot B2B services using technologies such as Layer 2 Switching and Layer 3 Routing. A good understanding of the following protocols OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, L2VPN, L3VPN, QoS, MPLS, PPP, DHCP.
- Produce router/firewall configurations for managed devices to pass to 3rd party suppliers. Cisco, Sonicwall and Draytek kit is used.
- Configuration of devices in house (usually Cisco and Sonicwall firewalls and Cisco SBC for VoE)
- Working on equipment from several vendors including Juniper, Huawei, Cisco, Eriksson (Redbacks) and 3Com.
- Managed installs of customer routers (including reachability and speed testing).
- Support network changes or upgrades (in conjunction with Operations), ensuring that they are implemented with minimal interruption to the end customer.
- Undertake network maintenance – proactive, preventative and reactive to ensure network remains operational, resilient and efficient.
- Provide 3rd line technical support to other departments within TTT/TTB during in and out of office hours.
- Ensure the correct level of documentation is accurate and up-to-date for all B2B processes.
- Work with the Senior B2B Engineer to become a technical liaison with internal teams and external third party suppliers
- Provide on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Ensure that all faults are investigated and resolved within agreed SLA’s.
- Responsible for Information Security awareness.
You will need to have:
- Cisco and Juniper accreditation (CCNA and JNCIA), or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on L2/L3 switching and routing experience (commissioning and troubleshooting)
- Experience in a telco/ISP environment
- IP routing/ IPSEC VPN / ACLs / CPE configs
- CPE/PE configuring and troubleshooting
Be great to have:
- EAD/EFM/EoFTTC experience/knowledge.
- Cisco PIX/ASA experience
- Working in a matrix managed environment.
- Working knowledge of Huawei and Redback PE routers.
- ITIL accreditation
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you need to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
Location: Manchester - Soapworks
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits