Billing and Payment Control Analyst
What is the main purpose of the role?
Primary focus of the role is to ensure we have the right level of operational governance and control across our billing and payment processes. You will support the Operational Manager in identifying key risks areas and either introducing or enhancing controls and assurance reports for validation.
You will work with Operational Manager primarily across Billing & Payments to better understand problem areas and support on data requirements and investigatory activities.
How can I add value?
- Work with stakeholders and analytics teams to produce actionable insight, identify opportunities & risk and to set smarter metrics
- The Control Analyst will work very closely with the journey owners across billing and payments to better understand problem areas and leakage to prioritise focus work stack.
- You will work closely with the Billing Technical Leads to deliver automation of controls within Phixflow.
- Represent Billing & Payments at the monthly data steward meeting, promoting better and smarter use of data across the business and being able to highlight any concerns to senior stakeholders.
- Ensure achievement of Key Performance Indicators and targets through the effective utilisation and prioritisation of resources.
- Proactively undertake analysis and benchmarking of existing operations and develop metrics and KPI’s to measure performance.
- Ensure regular reviews are performed with all key business stakeholders, highlighting any reconditions/findings against KPI.
- Understand the impact of any changes to the billing and payment system(s) and processes, and to help with manual workarounds where needed until fixes can be implemented
- Assess and mitigate risks across billing & payments by ensuring relevant controls are documented, implemented and tracked.
- Produce Management Information and reporting across Billing & Payment Operations
- Produce management level reporting by consolidating data from various sources and across multi channels to monitor performance and identify any risks and opportunities.
- The role will also involve assisting with complex queries for improving and optimising revenue and cash-flow.
What do I need in order to be successful?
- Ability to manage very large transaction volumes.
- Good data management skills.
- Ability to write SQL queries and good understanding of macros.
- Good knowledge and understanding across billing & payments.
- Ability to express ideas and requirements in a clear and confident manner.
- Proven self-starter, works on own initiative
- Team Player
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to cope under intense pressure
Be good to also have:
- Previous experience in Customer/Billing Migrations within the telco industry
- Previous Audit and Reconciliation experience in Billing operations and/or Billing Migrations
- Previous experience of delivering change in a telco billing environment
- Knowledge of billing systems including SingleView, Adept,
- Experience in Consumer billing i.e. large volume, relatively low value per account
How will you be rewarded?
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance. We also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!