Business Systems Delivery Manager
Job Title: Software Delivery Manager
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
- Demonstrable experience of leadership / mentoring at senior level
- Proven planning and tracking skills
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills
- Solid budget and risk management experience
- Demonstrable success in leading change
- Experience in a high pressure and fast paced delivery environment
- Demonstrable experience of making strong decisive decisions
Be great to also have:
- Experience in managing SDLC
- Background in Telecoms systems
- Degree or equivalent in computing
- Proven experience in managing projects
- Experience of working with OSPs in a matrix fashion
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
About the Software Delivery Manager role:
The Software Delivery Manager is accountable for:
- The shaping, formulation and implementation of local and group-wide technology and change strategies;
- People, Process and Systems transformation;
- Improving customer experience;
- Leading teams to ensure platform delivery roadmaps are achieved to quality, cost and time objectives.
The Delivery Manager successfully blends leading and managing In-House and Service Provider resources, across two UK locations and several offshore sites coaching, mentoring, empowering and supporting colleagues to be the best they can be.
The Delivery Manager builds strong relationships at a senior level across Group functions ensuring positive support and engagement to strategic initiatives and ways of working.
How will I add value in this role?
- Shape, lead and deliver local and group-wide strategic technology and change initiatives
- Lead, direct and evolve transformation programmes to deliver operational improvement and cost reduction
- Lead and drive compliance within all Delivery Units to Group change frameworks and also ensure adherence in upstream and downstream functions.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture to ensure initiatives evolve to stay best of breed
- Lead, build, motivate and maintain high performing teams considering the individual skills, development needs and corporate objectives.
- Lead, coach and mentor In-House and Service Provider resources to complete work to the agreed schedule, within approved budget and at a high quality
- Cultivate a culture of compliance with corporate policies and continuous improvement across all Delivery functions
- Balance the need to work at a tactical level, leading technical resources with the need to achieve agreed strategic objectives, influencing stakeholders and line management.
- Be a role model providing enthusiasm, drive and energy to succeed to peers, direct reports, managers and their teams.
- Maintain the day to day wellbeing of team members
- Manage absence and holiday requests, conduct regular appraisal sessions
- Set SMART objectives and goals for teams and members.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders across Group functions (typically director level)
- Be accountable for Ensuring development costs are tracked and managed, partners are not operating at risk
- Accountable for ensuring all risk and audit actions are completed
- Be accountable for the assessment and reporting of the capacity of the Delivery Units and escalate where any demand versus capacity mismatch is identified.
- Accountable for ensuring and reporting on adherence to working practices, KPIs, quality gates, processes and change metrics.
- Lead, define and implement mitigation plans for risks, issues, defects and major incidents
- Lead Delivery planning in consultation with senior stakeholders, Partner Delivery Managers and Group PMO
- Lead a team of engineers and technical specialists to fully exploit a range of business applications, both commercial packages and significant bespoke software stacks: many of which are specific to the telecommunications industry.
- Write and construct statements of work for third party service providers to enable third parties to act as a delivery partner
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
Location: Soapworks – Salford Quays, Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits