Carrier Services Business Analyst
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
This role maximises revenue and margins generated by the trading and routing of international traffic.
Responsible for assisting the set up of bilateral deals, quality checks, routing, queries, faults, pricing and purchase orders to ensure the smooth operational running of Carrier Services business.
The role sits within the Carrier Sales team of TalkTalk Business. The Carrier Services Business Analyst is part of a team delivering aggressive Revenue and Margin targets for TalkTalk Business. Key responsibilities are:
· Analysis of bilateral deals to ensure maximum margin achieved
· Analysis of deal-end reconciliations, ad hoc analysis of margins and opportunities.
· Escalation of faults (routing and quality)
· Quality checks
· Fraud checking / blocking, liaising with Fraud team and Network Operation Centre
· Review of monthly invoices raised
· Assist RMA with invoice reconciliation queries and dispute resolution on commercial level
· Maintenance of pricing, analysis of margins
· Issue rate cards to customers
· Dial code updates
· Cost rate checks
· Market rate analysis
· Surcharging analysis and monitoring
· Raise Purchase Orders and receipt invoices
Other internal responsibilities:
· Work with the Carrier team on international routing and analyse rates for cost reduction
· Contribute to pricing and rates management using market information
· Liaise with Finance on bilateral results and forecast/budget
. Knowledge: international voice trading, dial plan, comparison of deal versus least cost routing rates, analysis of large volumes of data to assess deal profitability, understanding of the cost tariff, source and destination of traffic that might affect surcharges, traffic origination
Must have skills and experience
- Strong Excel and Data analysis skills
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Be Great to also have
- Understanding of TT intercompany tariffs
- Understanding of TT reporting
- Finance acumen
- International voice market knowledge
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping