This role will design controls to mitigate the risk of revenue and cost leakage, working collaboratively with the Revenue and Margin Assurance (RMA) Managers and business stakeholders to design, analyse, and continuously improve the margin control impact we can have.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Technical design, development and deployment of data transformations, analytics and reporting solutions using SQL, ETL and other data analytics tools.
- Plan and document project tasks, testing and solution design, in accordance with company standards, quality standards, design and architectural principles.
- Interpret requirements and ensure that solution designs are efficient.
- Work with business testers to deliver effective test plans and ensure that testing is carried out to a high standard.
- Investigate bugs and issues in existing reports and data structures, using data analysis techniques.
- Proactively raise exceptions, risks and issues with developments, suggesting improvements to raise the quality and effectiveness of developments.
- Develop an understanding of TalkTalk data architectures, data processes, data flows, industry data and other external data sources.
- Investigate and suggest opportunities to strengthen development processes, tools and ways of working.
- Liaise directly with the Revenue and Margin Assurance business partner teams throughout projects.
What do I need in order to be successful?
- In-depth knowledge and experience of SQL, PL/SQL, or similar relational database query language
- Experience of building data transformations using ETL/ELT tools
- Experience of building data analytics, reports and dashboards in data analytics tools
- Knowledge of exploring and retrieving data from; large-scale relational databases, web-based applications, cloud databases and other cloud-based environments or APIs
- Advanced Excel skills, experience of Access and familiarity with PowerPoint and Word
- Analytical, critical thinker, problem-solving skills
Be great to also have:
- Software development experience using scripting, object-oriented, or other programming languages
- PhixFlow Experience (ETL Tool)
- Netezza/DB2/Oracle/SQL Server query experience
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Revenue and margin assurance knowledge or experience
- Telecoms knowledge and experience
- Clear communication and presentation skills
How will I be rewarded?
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance. We also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!
Don't hesitate, click apply button now!