Delivery Lead - TalkTalk - Manchester
Why is this role key to our business?
The Delivery Lead oversees the execution of software delivery for a given delivery cycle and reports on key technical activities and progress against milestones whilst facilitating SDLC events, including introductions, huddles and retrospectives.
In addition to the duties above the Software Delivery Master is accountable for contractual obligations and accuracy of estimation in relation to partner delivery.
How will I add value in this role?
- Lead In-House and Service Provider resource to complete work to the agreed schedule, within approved budget and at a high level of quality whilst meeting all obligations / delivery gates
- Monitor and drive delivery velocity and quality of system design, code and test artifacts utilising performance indicators including burn down, defect rate and RFC status
- Own / maintain delivery best practice and champion ongoing evolution
- Drive discipline within the department, ensuring supporting delivery frameworks are understood and in-acted by all delivery resources
- Report on delivery adherence to working practices, milestones, gates and rules
- Coach and mentor software delivery teams and business functions interacting with the department related to delivery best practice
- Govern key inputs into Delivery Teams, User Stories (including size), Clean Demand, Backlog and Exploratory Spikes
- Support and assure business readiness activities
- Organise and lead retrospectives to identify areas of improvement and mitigate failures
- Work with other Delivery Leads to share lessons learned and maintain consistency across the department
- Act as point of escalation for delivery teams, identifying and removing impediments to successful delivery
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Understanding of Software Development
- Experience of Leading Teams
- Knowledge of Delivery Methodologies
- Excellent Communication Skills
Be great to also have:
- Team Lead/Project Management Experience
- Excellent problem Solving Skills
- Good Planning and tracking skills
What we can offer you
We're big on giving people a choice about how they work at TalkTalk. That's why we're embracing what we call 'next generation ways of working'. Put simply, we'll give you a real say about how, when and where you work ' and all the tools you need to do it.
We want everyone here to have an impact; to have a voice. To be part of something big. To be part of something new. In every role, in every team, people here are given a say. What can we do better? How can we simplify things for our customers? Where next? What next? How can we get where we want to be? And when can we get there?
We'll get the best out of you so you can do great things for our customers.
You'll join a pacy, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
· Embrace flexible working
· Support you to achieve your career goals
· Offer income protection and life assurance
· Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
About OSS Delivery
Working in OSS Delivery you will be at the epicentre of our Technology function delivering key projects for our Consumer and Business customers to launch new products and improve customer experience. The systems we are responsible for enable us to sell, bill and assure the smooth running of customers service 24 hours a day 365 days of the year. Key projects in flight right now include improving our customer Repair journeys as well as launching the next generation of connectivity for our consumer (Fibre For Everyone) and Business (IPVPN) customers.
The OSS systems estate is truly gargantuan and we have a large and diverse team of awesome people making the magic happen. We work with a wide variety of different technologies ranging from a variety of object oriented programming languages (including C#, Java, C++) through to cutting edge COTS and CRM systems including Pega and Salesforce. We are constantly looking to improve and utilise the latest features in each technology and over the last 2 years have invested heavily in drawing down on technical debt with great success and we will continue to give our amazing team the opportunity, support and freedom to own and love all of our systems.
With such variety you may find two days are never the same as one another but we have the right support in place to hep you be the best you can be and ensure our code is delivered and tested on time and to the highest quality. Our teams collaborate closely with one another and all of the other fantastic teams at TalkTalk and the importance of this will only grow as we start on a journey to become more agile in our processes and ways of working. This collaboration often extends beyond the workplace and we are proud of the work the team have done with local schools to demystify computer programming and help create the next generation of technologists
We're TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We've never been afraid to shake things up. It's been a way of life for us ever since we were founded. We're proud of what we've achieved ' and we want to keep on pushing the boundaries. So today we're putting our focus on customers and technology like never before. After all, the better our technology, the better placed we'll be to get things right first time for the millions of people who count on it.
Our plans for the future are exciting, and not just for us. If you've got ambitions as big as our own, you can help to revolutionise our business. And right now, that's got to be the biggest reason to get on board.
Please apply below or email email@example.com for more details