Job Title: DevOps Engineer
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
• Embrace flexible working
• Support you achieve your career goals
• Offer income protection and life assurance
• Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
- Drive, flexibility and commitment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Development & Testing Tooling Experience
Be great to also have:
- Understand automation technologies
- Experience with SDLC.
- Understand system integration and migration
- A degree computing or equiv. experience
About the DevOps Engineer role:
The role is responsible for the delivery of innovation and automation into the Delivery Team across TalkTalk Technology. Supporting the Tooling and Environments Manager and the Senior DevOps Engineer, the role will execute the plans that support TalkTalk’s tooling strategy. This role will work with the Junior DevOps Engineers to make sure new initiatives are smoothly handed over and supported by them.
How will I add value in this role?
- Creating automation and integrations.
- Troubleshooting issues escalated from the BAU sub team.
- Researching new technologies that could be introduced into TalkTalk and preparing business cases to support their introduction.
- Conduct Proof of Concepts with solid documentation to support any recommendation made.
- Reviewing existing systems and processes and analysing their performance from both efficiency and value perspectives. Recommending change where appropriate.
- Review the work of the Junior DevOps Engineers.
- Organise the training and handover of any new processes or systems to the Junior DevOps Engineers so that all the Delivery Teams receive first class support.
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
Location: Manchester Soapworks
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + benefits