DevOps Engineer - TalkTalk - Manchester
Tell me a bit more about this role...
The role is responsible for the delivery of innovation and automation into the Delivery Team across TalkTalk Technology. Supporting the Tooling and Environments Manager and the Senior DevOps Engineer, the role will execute the plans that support TalkTalk’s tooling strategy. This particular role is more Development focused than Operations. The team has recently taken on the support of some new applications and we require good developers to continue the development roadmap for these apps. C# experience, NodeJS and SQL Server would be a distinct advantage in this role.
What will I be doing?
- Creating automation and integrations.
- Troubleshooting issues escalated from the BAU sub team.
- Researching new technologies that could be introduced into TalkTalk and preparing business cases to support their introduction.
- Conduct Proof of Concepts with solid documentation to support any recommendation made.
- Reviewing existing systems and processes and analysing their performance from both efficiency and value perspectives. Recommending change where appropriate.
- Review the work of the Junior DevOps Engineers.
- Organise the training and handover of any new processes or systems to the Junior DevOps Engineers so that all the Delivery Teams receive first class support.
What will I need to succeed?
- Proven experience with C#, .Net, NodeJS and SQL
- Drive, flexibility and commitment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Development & Testing Tooling Experience
What would be extra special?
- Understand automation technologies
- Experience with SDLC.
- Understand system integration and migration
- A degree computing or equiv. experience
Why should I apply?
This is a great team to join and they really promote the development of their engineers. You will get a varied role developing, mentoring junior team members and there is a great progression route available!
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
• Embrace flexible working - as well as flexible hours we also promote work from home once or twice a week!
• Support you achieve your career goals
• Offer income protection and life assurance
• Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping