DevOps Engineer - Labs
TalkTalk is passionate about using data and automation to improve customer service and to create a more efficient business.
As a member of the TalkTalk Labs function, the DevOps Engineer will take customer, business and technology objectives and deliver DevOps projects in a lean & innovative way. Focused on customer experience improvement and cost saving initiatives, this person will be a key driver for change and innovation, ensuring that TalkTalk maintains a competitive edge.
The successful individual will be passionate about a wide variety of automation techniques and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. They will be a part of the wider Architecture and Strategy capability at TalkTalk so must be prepared to roll their sleeves up to get things done and support their colleagues to achieve their objectives.
You will also be learning from Rob; Rob is an expert in implementing systems & automation and is currently building a Splunk platform to detect problems, find the root causes of technical issues and automate the solutions, which is having a significant impact on our customer’s broadband experience.
- Collaboration with business and tech stakeholders to identify customer experience and cost saving drivers from which to derive DevOps innovation opportunities
- Analysis, design and delivery of DevOps innovation POCs & projects
- Collaboration with design, delivery and operational stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered according to TalkTalk processes and standards
- Constantly learn and grow your technical skills and DevOps knowledge
- Be an excellent team player working closely with the other DevOps people within TalkTalk
- Degree level education or equivalent work-based experience
- Programming background in a variety of languages and paradigms
- Experience using a variety of operating systems
- Experience with a range of DevOps and automation tools
- Understanding and preferably some experience building operational support capabilities into applications, including logging and monitoring
- Innovator. Seeks and finds better / cheaper / quicker ways to perform data analysis
- Hands on. Sees for themselves, takes part
- Committed to Quality. Strives for excellence in execution, deals with the issues
- Value. Focused on realising value for the business
- Communicator. Gets the message across clearly and unambiguously
- Influencer. Can change the direction of action and thought
- Learning. Seeks and values learning from many sources (academic, industry, suppliers)
- Team Player. Delivers through others and maximises team potential