Enterprise Network Manager
Job Title: Enterprise Network Manager
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Extensive Enterprise Network Experience
- Technical Experience (Juniper/Cisco
- Technical Experience (F5/Fortinet)
- Experience of Hybrid Cloud Environments
- VMware SDN network virtualization Experience
- Effective communicator
- Technical People Management Experience
It would also be great to have:
- Full understanding of Network Security
- Business related qualification
- Knowledge of the business / market place
- Security Cleared to a minimum of SC
About the Enterprise Network Manager role:
As Enterprise Network Manager you are required to provide leadership, manage, support and develop the Enterprise Network Team to design, build, upgrade, develop, and support TalkTalk's Enterprise Network. This position will be responsible for day to day management of both networks and staff within the group, ensuring the department adheres to SLA's, projects are delivered on time, to budget and operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
How will I add value in this role?
- Management of the Enterprise Network Team
- Reporting to Head of Network Engineering on Current Project and Incident Status
- Accountability for all aspects of the Enterprise Network Team
- Liaison with other groups within the Engineering Department, and other departments within the TalkTalk Group as well as third party suppliers and customers.
- Ensure correct level of documentation is created, reviewed, maintained and approved
- Ensure that project and operational processes are created, reviewed, maintained, approved and adhered to
- Ensure that planned engineering work is planned, resourced and delivered while minimising the impact to the customer
- Identify and manage risks & issues to minimise impact to customers and the business
- Line Management for the Enterprise Network Team
- Performance Monitoring/Management of the Enterprise Network Team
- Assemble / develop the team so it has the right mix of skills
- Coach team members, plan and manage the deployment of resources to meet the requirements of the business
- Ensure timesheets are completed correctly and to schedule
- Ensure company procedures are followed
- Carry out performance reviews to timescales
- Ensure that absence management policy is adhered to and appropriate action taken inline with the policy
- Be responsible for reporting on Project spend and providing a commentary on variances, progress to date
- Produce cost estimates for new projects and assess risks / contingency requirements
- Actively feed into and represent Network Engineering within the CAPEX and OPEX Budget process.
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
Location: Soapworks – Salford, Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits