The Network Build Manager will play a significant role within TalkTalk Network Operations in ensuring all exchange builds, upgrades and associated network connectivity are scheduled and completed in line with customer requirements and/or associated project milestones.
As manager of this team you will be responsible for ensuring the exchange build teams have clearly defined work schedules and work with the field teams to ensure their work schedules are effective and efficient, whilst meeting our customer's requirements and business needs.
You will also be responsible for measuring and reporting associated exchange build performance SLAs and working with the build teams on continuous service improvement.
As Network Build Manager you will be responsible for managing our network providers and monitoring their performance from both a quality and delivery perspective
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all exchange build related activity across the 3,037 exchanges within the TalkTalk access network.019
- The scheduling and coordination of all field engineering related activity. Working with the regional Senior Field Engineers and third party suppliers to ensure all elements of exchange build out are in line with customer requirements and associated project timescales.
- Raising change requests for out of hours Field Engineering and Access Network Transformation activities and ensuring all required resources are arranged and confirmed and producing completion reports and running Root Cause Analysis reviews where required.
- Producing progress reports for updates to the business and performance reporting at an engineer and team level to measure and improve performance.
- Tracking end to end delivery process to ensure all elements are aligned
- Interface to the Access Network Transformation project team to provide progress updates and work schedules
- Ensure alignment with all external teams involved in the delivery process eg IP access engineering and B2B delivery teams.
- Ordering network connectivity from our network providers and ensuring TalkTalk are implementing cost effective solutions and continue to drive down our cost/gig.
- Management of network providers performance including adherence to delivery and quality related SLAs.
- Reporting SLA performance with TalkTalk and managing recovery of penalty payments for breaches of SLAs.
- Managing continual service improvement and implementing process automation.
- Budget tracking and reporting.