Head of Procurement Business & Technology
Head of Procurement Business & Technology is key to setting the strategic direction for Procurement function and delivering best in class strategic sourcing and purchasing across a diverse spend portfolio predominantly focused on Business and Technology. The role reports into the CFO Consumer and Procurement and manages the team of Category Managers. The role is a key part to managing, and getting value, from the portion of the annual supplier spend outside of BT, which is approx. £650m per annum.
- Engage key stakeholders to support and agree group category strategies
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all stakeholder requirements (technical, commercial & operational)
- Develop a clear understanding of the demand into Procurement over the FY and beyond
- Respond to stakeholder needs such as establishing commercial requirements, deliverables and priorities
- Build supplier and stakeholder relationships in order to maximize supplier performance
- Manage third parties and maintain a 360 view of supply to achieve the best value for money
- Work closely with Procurement Leadership team to deliver an integrated value adding TTG Procurement function
- Liaise with Procurement functions across the group for synergies of spend and achieve best practices
- Deliver annualized savings targets as agreed with the business
- Lead in the key supplier negotiations and renegotiations to deliver best value solutions
- Measure and report on the value delivered and ensure value is at all times in line with or better than industry
- Manage supply chain risks with appropriate contracting methodology and comprehensive terms and conditions
People Management and Leadership:
- Provide leadership direction, coaching and development to ensure the team is motivated and giving their best
- Support and contribute to team building and team dynamics and leading by example
- Being positive and professional all times, enhancing the credibility of the business at every given opportunity
- Able to effectively lead and influence at all levels
- Manage team performance, undertaking regular individual reviews to reflect achievements against targets
What do I need in order to deliver in this role?
You are a seasoned procurement professional with substantial vendor management experience. You are a strong communicator and influencer who is able to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. You are a strong people leader who is able to effectively lead and influence at all levels. You are passionate about delivering best value solutions to the business and driving best procurement practices.
If you would like to discuss the role confidentially, please contact Marta Bilas in the Resourcing team (firstname.lastname@example.org).