Junior Test Engineer
Salford Quays, Manchester Posted 41 days ago R0006195Apply Now
This role supports the OSS Delivery Team Leader by:
- Work within a multi discipline software delivery team and contribute to the teams success.
- Own, shape and mould our systems, by producing high quality readable tests
- Collaborate with other members of the team and working as a collective.
- Gain knowledge of our systems and always living our department’s foundations and values, having Smart Systems, excellent teamwork and culture, ensuring all our work is of high quality
- Learn and contribute towards driving forwards best practice adoption and creation in our Testing best practice
- Take ownership of work, taking guidance and support from the senior team members and rest of the team to ensure we hit our deadlines, develop our people and yourself and succeed as a team.
- Produce written documentation and where necessary, help run workshops to aid with knowledge transfer with assistance from senior members of the team
- Work with Developers, Business Analysts, Solution Designers and other testers to understand the business requirements to assist with ensuring our low level design and test coverage delivers the quality our customers expect. Ensure that all tickets are kept up-to-date with information and in the correct state.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement within the team and wider department such as innovation initiatives, technical debt removal, automation and process improvements
- Ensure everything produced by yourself and our team is of good quality, by performing reviews and delivering feedback in a constructive and supportive manner. This could include reviewing the work of peers.
- Support and assist the wider team to prepare deployment plans and highlight all known dependencies and risks.
- Contribute to Test Plans and create Test Cases for execution to agreed project timescales - Planning, Estimating, Executing and Automating test cases to prove the appropriate requirements within a release.
- Gain an understanding and contribute to promoting best practices for testing within the department, and ensure the use of them when it is the right thing to do.
- Contribute to the Regression Test Pack with support from Senior Test Engineers
- Communicate effectively any knowledge or information about risks and issues to Leads and Team Leaders, and support any required mitigation.
What do I need in order to deliver in this role?
- A passion for testing
- Good written and verbal communication
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Understanding of Testing Processes
Be great to also have:
- Degree or equivalent
- Understanding of Telecoms products and services
- Experience of software development
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile models
- Experience of automation technologies
- Experience of testing Frameworks
- Understanding of SDLC Knowledge of SOAPUI/Postman