Lead .NET Developer - TalkTalk - Manchester
Why is this role important?
As a Lead Developer you will be working on C# .NET Core and SQL Server projects which are part of TalkTalk’s Microsoft estate.
Your responsibility is to build and integrate new functionality as well as turning high-level solution designs and user stories into low level artefacts to be used by developers and testers to ensure that our software systems meet the customers’ requirements.
As well as providing subject matter expertise on the platform, you will work closely with the other members of the Delivery team supporting technical leadership within the department.
As a part of our team, you will be helping us to drive forwards best practice adoption and creation in our software architecture and coding patterns and principles and adding to our constant drive to be the best at what we do.
You will be a true Technical Lead within our department, mentor, guide, coach and support everyone around you to ensure we hit our deadlines, develop our people and succeed as a team.
What are the ideal skills?
- Strong OOP experience
- .NET (core) and C# programming experience
- Experience of RDBMS, including SQL for database interrogation
- Experienced in test automation, such as unit testing and TDD
- Experience in using version control systems
- Experience of Waterfall / Agile Delivery models
- Experience of API development e.g. SOAP, REST
- Ability to adapt to change and lead the way with this
- A great communicator and leader
- Someone who can mentor, develop and grow their own team
- Someone who is still happy to stay close to the tech and get their hands dirty
What we can offer you
We’re big on giving people a choice about how they work at TalkTalk. That’s why we’re embracing what we call ‘next generation ways of working’. Put simply, we’ll give you a real say about how, when and where you work – and all the tools you need to do it.
We want everyone here to have an impact; to have a voice. To be part of something big. To be part of something new. In every role, in every team, people here are given a say. What can we do better? How can we simplify things for our customers? Where next? What next? How can we get where we want to be? And when can we get there?
We'll get the best out of you so you can do great things for our customers.
You’ll join a pacy, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
Apply below or drop firstname.lastname@example.org a message if interested