Network Systems Broadcast Engineer
We are currently looking for a Network Systems Broadcast Engineer to join our expanding office in Manchester!
The key purpose of this role is to provide a broad range of devops and engineering skills in order to operationally support the TalkTalk TV service. This includes communicating with both external vendors and other teams within TalkTalk. Supporting the release of new functionality and content to the TV platform, providing continual engineering improvement to the TV operational platform. This also includes change and incident management and being part of an on-call rota supporting the platform.
How will I add value in this role?
The TalkTalk TV platform is a multi-vendor solution with a wide range of different relationships including YouView, who provide STB software; Sky and BT for carriage of their sports channels; and Microsoft for their Azure platform. The TalkTalk components include resilient broadcast headends and in-house software hosted either in Microsoft Azure or on a on-premises linux platform.
As part of the Network Systems team, the TV Systems Engineer will have a close operational relationship with both external vendors and internal technology teams.
- Linux systems administration with experience of containers and ansible
- Willingness to learn a broad range of engineering skills
And must have experience in one of the following areas:
- Broadcast Engineering
- Experience of harmonic encoders and Ericsson satellite receivers is an advantage
- Microsoft Azure DevOps and Microsoft Azure services such as App Services, Blob storage and Media Services
How will I be rewarded?
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance. We also:
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply today!
and Media Services