Why is this role key to our business?
To ensure the day to day payment assurance & processing activities are completed accurately and on time. The individual’s primary focus is to ensure accuracy across customer payments and refunds initiated by TalkTalk. To protect the customer by performing assurance checks across payment processing; adhering to regulatory and business rules, validating and reconciling & managing any variances to expectations.
5 positions under this requisition.
How will I add value?
- Cash Management: daily banking, statement downloads, upload and download of banking files, manual transaction entry.
- Perform the day to day processing of all payments & refunds received on the bank statement and ensuring the accuracy of those submitted to third party vendors (direct debit, credit card, refunds, one off cc and other).
- To ensure payment runs are performed, reported and submitted on time and in accordance to the Billing & Payment Schedule.
- Ensure security & compliance is in place and adhered to before submission to third party banks/merchant acquirers.
- Monitoring of daily BACS input and live submission reports and performing of checks against actuals submission and the bank statement.
- Manage all payments and refunds making sure all entries are applied correctly on SingleView.
- Responsible for validating and approving refunds and manual transactions.
- Processing all missing payments queries and unallocated payments across all bank accounts and internal suspense accounts.
- Processing and challenging all chargebacks and indemnity claims by working with both our sponsoring bank and merchant acquirer to mitigate risk against bad debt.
- Identify and manage customer direct debit set-up and processing failures, providing recommendation on process improvements.
- Identify opportunities across payments and refunds that will improve operational efficiency, maximise cash collections, or reduce operational costs.
- The post holder must have sound knowledge of both accounts receivable processes and systems to support the team and drive forward process and system development.
What do I need in order to be successful?
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of payments processing & industry standards.
- Good understanding of Direct Debit Scheme Rules.
- Intermediate or above level of MS Excel
Be great to also have:
- Knowledge on SQL Developer, SingleView , & Adept.
- Good understanding of PCI Compliance.
- Financial / Accounting qualifications.
- Accounting experience
- Data analysis and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
How will I be rewarded?
We understand the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues. In addition to your base salary, you will be provided with a company bonus/commission, pension scheme, private healthcare cover, income protection and life assurance. We also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Encourage you to participate in a development programme that will be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
- Offer free TalkTalk broadband and TV
- Provide an opportunity to participate in share schemes
- Wellbeing and recognition schemes
- Offer a range of discounts on shopping
On top of all this, you get to choose your benefits flexibly around what works best for you!