Platform Owner- Remedy & Solvatio Technologies
Why is this role key to our business?
The Platform owner is accountable for a domain of business applications, in terms of effective and efficient operation. They ensure the application domain meets the requirements of all stakeholders including business change, technology and operations.
The Platform Owner is responsible for creating, maintaining and delivering the strategic roadmap and continual improvement plan for the platform ' in association with all stakeholders. They provide subject matter expertise to facilitate and influence business planning from early concept to market and subsequent optimization.
The Platform Owner acts as the focal point for the business for any application related issue. This role plays a key part in Defect / Incident resolution and is equipped to mitigate significant and sustained impact to the business.
How will I add value in this role?
- Be the expert for the technical implementation of both the Solvatio and Remedy technologies
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Solvatio and Remedy delivery teams to ensure agreed availability, supportability and operational capability for all platform applications.
- Support key Software development life cycle (SDLC) events, including introductions, show& tells, huddles and retrospectives
- Understand the existing technologies of Solvatio & Remedy, their capabilities and the changes required to achieve Talk Talk's strategy
- Proactive identification of platform enhancements (including non-functional), lead business case approval process, facilitate communication of roadmaps and ensure stakeholder engagement
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and operational teams to lead prioritisation of changes and lead defect backlog prioritisation
- Build and maintain a relationship network with key stakeholders
- Represent the OSS Delivery department pre and post-delivery processes
- Ensure system designs support the goal of 'right first time', reduces time to market and / minimises cost to deliver and support - whilst meeting agreed business requirements
- Maintain an understanding of the existing and potential platform capabilities
- Define and drive adoption of platform principles / standards ' ensuring adherence to enterprise blueprints
- Maintain an understanding of the current and emerging business plans and strategies as they affect the platform applications
- Share knowledge and expertise to support business change, release planning and deployment activities
- Contribute to business case / ROI proposals in relation to platform enhancements
- Help to provide training within the department
- Review and approve estimation and impact assessment activities to support capacity and capability planning as well as key system documentation
- Act as point of escalation for Platform related Defects and Major Incidents
- Define target platform structure, drive transformation to reach the target and govern adherence
- Share knowledge and expertise to support release planning and deployment activities
- Review and approve estimation and impact assessment activities to support capacity planning and support commitment to deliver
- Ensure system design supports the goal of a right first time, reducing time to market / minimises cost to deliver whilst meeting the business requirements
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- Good level of experience of working with Solvatio technology implementation for Telecoms
- Good level of experience of working with BMC Remedy technology implementation for Telecoms
- Experience of working on BMC Remedy versions 7.6, 8.1 and 9.0
- Experience of working on iisy AG Solvatio version 9.7.x
- Our TalkTalk systems are heavily customised and we require you to have had experience of working on those customisations
- Knowledge of telecom frameworks such as eTOM, TAM, TMF & OSS journeys
- Experience of working with other BMC COTS packages such as TrueSight Monitoring, Analytics & Dashboards, ADDM etc.
- Vast experience of designing software systems
- Experience working with software delivery teams
- Stakeholder management experience
- Strong decision-making capability
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
Be great to also have:
- Enterprise level software delivery experience
- Systems architecture experience
- Experience of Agile or Waterfall delivery
- Software development background
We're TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We've created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You'll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won't always be easy, but it's always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you're ready to stand for something.
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working and work from home opportunities
- Support you achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
Please apply below or contact email@example.com if interested