Principal Platform Owner
Job Title: Principle Platform Owner
Why is this role key to the business?
The Principal Platform Owner is accountable for:
- All OSS platforms providing overall assurance of cross-platform change (business and / or technology); and coordinating strategic exploitation in line with business requirements.
- Creating and maintaining a continual improvement culture in platform management and development, working closely with business change, operational and technology stakeholders.
- The shaping, formulation and implementation of local and group-wide technology and change strategies;
- People, Process and Systems transformation;
- Improving customer experience;
- Leading teams to ensure platform delivery roadmaps are achieved to quality, cost and time objectives.
The Principal Platform Owner is accountable for a team of Platform Owners coaching, mentoring, empowering and supporting colleagues to be the best they can be.
The Principal Platform Owner builds strong relationships at a senior level across Group functions ensuring positive support and engagement to strategic initiatives and ways of working.
How will I add value in this role?
- Shape, lead and deliver local and group-wide strategic technology and change initiatives
- Lead, direct and evolve transformation programmes to deliver operational improvement and cost reduction
- Lead and drive compliance within all Delivery Units to Group change frameworks and also ensure adherence in upstream and downstream functions.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture to ensure initiatives evolve to stay best of breed
- Lead, build, motivate and maintain high performing teams considering the individual skills, development needs and corporate objectives.
- Lead, coach and mentor In-House and Service Provider resources to complete work to the agreed schedule, within approved budget and at a high quality
- Cultivate a culture of compliance with corporate policies and continuous improvement across all Delivery functions
- Balance the need to work at a tactical level, leading technical resources with the need to achieve agreed strategic objectives, influencing stakeholders and line management.
- Be a role model providing enthusiasm, drive and energy to succeed to peers, direct reports, managers and their teams.
- Maintain the day to day wellbeing of team members
- Manage absence and holiday requests, conduct regular appraisal sessions
- Set SMART objectives and goals for teams and members.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders across Group functions (typically director level)
- Be accountable for Ensuring development costs are tracked and managed, partners are not operating at risk
- Accountable for ensuring all risk and audit actions are completed
- Accountable for ensuring and reporting on adherence to working practices, KPIs, quality gates, processes and change metrics.
- Lead, define and implement mitigation plans for risks, issues, defects and major incidents
- Write and construct statements of work for third party service providers to enable third parties to act as a delivery partner
- Maintain an understanding of the current and emerging business plans and strategies as they affect the platforms
- Define and drive adoption of cross platform principles – ensuring adherence to enterprise blueprints
- Directing quality leadership and guidance to delivery and business teams to ensure agreed availability, supportability and operational capability for all platform applications.
- Represent the OSS Delivery department pre and post-delivery processes
- Maintain an understanding of all existing and potential cross-platform capabilities
- Oversee estimation and impact assessment activities to support capacity and capability planning
- Assist with business case approval process and ensure stakeholder engagement
- Establish a culture of sharing knowledge and expertise to support roadmap development, business change, release planning and deployment activities
- Lead by example; providing enthusiasm, drive and energy to succeed, and by being a positive example to peers, direct reports, managers and their teams.
- Act as point of escalation for Platform Owners and the business applications they own
What do I need to deliver this role?
- Demonstrable experience of leadership / mentoring at senior level
- Proven planning and tracking skills
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills
- Solid budget and risk management experience
- Demonstrable success in leading change
- Experience in a high pressure and fast paced delivery environment
- Demonstrable experience of making strong decisive decisions
Be great to have
- Experience in managing SDLC
- Background in Telecoms systems
- Degree or equivalent in computing
- Proven experience in managing projects
- Experience of working with OSPs in a matrix fashion
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.