Product Quality Assurance Engineer
A quality testing role ensuring that all consumer facing products are fully tested and understood before release to the TalkTalk customer base. This role identifies issues and bugs and facilitates a resolution (fix). It is a preventative role saving the TalkTalk business customer contacts and therefore cost. Products are also improved over time as new iterations go through a quality cycle which breeds customer loyalty and commercial success.
- Identify user scenarios based on high level requirements, establishing quality criteria throughout all projects
- Creating thorough test plans, test cases and test exit reports on all projects
- Data Collection, Problem Solving, Analysis And Publication Of Test Results Working To Industry Best Standards.
- Running projects through the strategic test and bug management suites
- Vendor and stakeholder management
- Competently and efficiently executing test cases across a number of different products and environments in the telco and ISP arena
- Have the flexibility to work with both the classic waterfall and also Agile testing methods
- Work with the team to develop and roll out new test automation strategy and framework
- Three or more years work experience in hands on quality assurance testing role
- Expertise with test methodologies & frameworks
- Technical background
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on Unix variants
- Must be proactive, have collaborative approach and understanding of what needs to be automated to get maximum return on automation investment.
- ISEB Foundation certification
- Methodical and organised work approach
Be great to have:
- ISEB Practitioner certification
- An understanding of the telecom industry
- Understanding of automation methodologies and tools, for example Selenuim
- Good scripting skills in common languages like JAVA, Python
- Understanding how automation can be applied to test requirements
- Understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Experience with Spira, MTM, Jira and or Bugzilla test and bug management suites
- Knowledge of standards such as TR-069 and TR-100