FibreNation Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Development Manager to join a new company which has been formed to deliver game changing full fibre internet services to the UK.
We are changing the way internet connectivity is delivered to homes across the UK with the roll out of Fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) connectivity, something the UK lags behind many European countries. FTTH is 100% fibre from the exchange to a customer's home providing an ultrafast and highly stable connection. FTTH allows communications providers the opportunity to dramatically improve services with Ultrafast reliable full fibre broadband.
TalkTalk Group pioneered the build of a full fibre network in York, providing the UK's first City-wide ultrafast FTTH network, delivering 1 Gig services to consumers and businesses. TalkTalk's experience in York, and its ambition to be the UK's most recommended telco, means that now is the time to accelerate FTTH rollout plans to establish a sustainable strategic position in the UK telco market, creating an asset light smart connectivity provider.
To achieve this, in December 2018 TalkTalk Group launched FibreNation Limited (a TalkTalk Group Company) with the intention to complete the Full Fibre roll out in York and beyond. We are now well on the way to completing a total of 55,000 homes in York and have announced our next three cities and are planning more.
The Regional Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and developing commercial expansion opportunities around our build locations in the North. This will involve working on both urban and semi-rural opportunities covering both residential and business areas. A large part of the role will involve creating the business cases, identifying and utilising any local or national funding sources.
We are looking for a great communicator and negotiator with a rounded knowledge of both the telecoms industry and business development. They will also have had experience working with the Public Sector, either centrally or locally, on funded projects. An ambitious self-starter who is keen to make their mark in a new organisation.
Activities and Deliverables
- Works with internal engineering and commercial teams to identify and develop successful business cases for network expansion
- Works with central and local government departments to align expansion with their plans and budgets
- Works with housebuilders, developers, landlords and agents to develop joint opportunities to expand the network in both residential and business locations
- Monitors financial metrics on cost and penetration of projects to ensure that are successful
- Builds and maintains strong, customer service led relationships with local stakeholders
Must have requirements:
- High calibre individual who brings gravitas and the ability to analyse complex commercial situations whilst establishing a trusted relationship at a senior level
- 5+ years' experience in a senior B2B business development role
- Detailed knowledge of Public Sector procurement and funding processes
- Previous experience of developing business opportunities in the Public Sector
- Great internal and external relationship building and management skills
- Good organisation and team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with experience of managing own time and prioritising own workload
- Full UK Driving license
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly
Great to have:
- Experience of bid management, especially in the Public Sector
- Experience with working with house builders and property developers
- Technical knowledge of the broadband and FTTP industry