Reporting Development Analyst
Job Title: Reporting Development Analyst
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Analytical / reporting experience
- SQL Server 2008+ experience
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Be great to also have:
- DWH / big data appliance experience
- Project management experience/qualification
- Financial services / reporting experience
- Experience in Telco industry
About the Reporting Development Analyst role:
This role supports the business by providing readily accessible, accurate and relevant information upon which decisions can be taken with confidence. Its aim is to source all pertinent datasets and enrich the data so that reporting outputs can be produced in accordance to the diverse needs of the business.
How will I add value in this role?
- Works collaboratively across the Data Presentation department to deliver data projects whilst taking a proactive approach to predicating the data needs of the business.
- Works with team members and Reporting Development Manager to enhance and develop best practice within the team.
- Presents development project overviews to the team and other interested parties, providing both business insights and technical views as to how deliveries have been planned and issues overcome.
- Understanding the systems and data used across TalkTalk including its products and processes to enable data enrichment and quality. Understand the business requirements for reporting and translate these into tangible reports and dashboards.
- Communicate, engage and collaborate with our stakeholders to understand key business questions so that the right reports and analysis can be created to effectively answer questions. Provide robust and clear recommendations off the back of the analysis undertaken to improve ROI, reduce churn and add value.
- Ensure the governance of data and quality is adhered to.
- Develop actionable reports for key stakeholders using various reporting and query tools.
- Pro-actively perform audits on data, reports, queries and tables to identify weaknesses in data integrity or reliability.
- Summary of role priorities
- Development of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) projects on new datasets
- Development of data enrichment of new and existing datasets
- Development of reporting datasets & automated MI
- Ensure the governance of data quality is adhered to
- Support reference data management processors
- Support Ad-hoc data and reporting requests
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You’ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won’t always be easy, but it’s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you’re ready to stand for something.
Location: Soapworks – Salford Quays, Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits