Senior DevOps Engineer
Tell me about the team I will be joining'¦
A Senior DevOps Engineer has become available in the Tooling and Environments team. This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant and agile team that leads the way for development, test and release automation. We manage the CI/CD pipelines for the development teams in TalkTalk.
Automate first is our mantra and in some ways, we are really far along on our journey and in others only just starting. You will need to be able to adapt to new situations quickly utilising both older and bleeding edge technologies. You will be a mentor to our Junior members, helping them to grow their skills whilst simultaneously setting the technical direction for the team and our customers.
Who are our customers? Around 500 developers and testers, project managers, product owners, the Leadership Team and others. All in all, around 1,000 people depend on the services we provide and as such we need someone who can work at scale and keep an eye on the details!
No two days will be the same. If you want a structured day where the hours are planned out this role might not be for you. If you embrace change and challenges the we can guarantee you'll never be bored and you'll be in a place where you can really make a difference.
Give me an overview of the role'¦
- You will be researching new tooling opportunities that can add to efficiency, quality and productivity for TalkTalk Technology's Delivery Teams.
- You'll be delivering training and guidance to users to make sure that the teams are getting maximum value from the toolset.
- You will also be spearheading automation into every part of the delivery lifecycle so that others can focus on what they do best.
What skills will I need for this position?
This role is both people and technology focused. This role requires someone that is as comfortable coding as they are talking to a room of people.
Being forward thinking, the role requires you to come up with innovative solutions to the problems the delivery teams face, specifically you will be responsible for/need to demonstrate:
- The introduction of automation in all areas of the SDLC such as test automation and test data management, environment provisioning and software deployment.
- Research and execute 'Proof of Concept' for new tooling that will deliver new or evolved capabilities into our delivery teams.
- Remain at the cutting edge of new software development tools and methods and be an authority for delivery best practice.
- Input into and help refine the Tooling roadmap for TalkTalk.
- Use tooling and automation to eradicate the barriers between teams, rationalise and standardise the tools used across the delivery teams.
- Coach other members of the team in development best practice.
- Assign work to other members of the team to ensure the teams commitments are met.
We're TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We've created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You'll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won't always be easy, but it's always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you're ready to stand for something.
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
'¢ Embrace flexible working - as well as flexible hours we also promote work from home once or twice a week!
'¢ Support you achieve your career goals
'¢ Offer income protection and life assurance
'¢ Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping