Senior Finance Analyst
Why is this role key to our business?
This is a key role within our Financial Accounting and Reporting team, which forms part of Core Finance.
The role supports Senior finance managers/ Finance Managers and the wider team in delivering the month end P&L and all subsequent financial reports, analysis and KPI's.
How will I add value in this role?
- Understand/interpret and manipulate large amounts of complex data from various sources into meaningful financial information
- Monthly accounting of specific P&L lines so that all income and expenditure is captured in an accurate and timely manner into the books of accounts. (Accruals, deferrals, prepayments etc)
- Review and analyse relevant P&L lines to ensure that differences to budgets and forecasts are explained and analysis by volume and rate is completed as per agreed deadlines.
- Clear & concise production of variance analysis which will aid business decision making
- Presentation of analysis to finance managers, business partners, non-finance personnel in a concise and confident manner.
- Ability to adapt communication styles to deliver financial information to both finance & non finance stakeholders
- Mentorship of other Finance Analysts in the team
- Complete Balance sheet reconciliations as per agreed deadlines with emphasis on ageing of balances and the identification of risks and opportunities.
- Prepare various reports as per agreed schedule – monthly, weekly etc with comments and analysis on key movements.
- Advise and support the Senior finance managers and wider finance team (Planning, Group accounting, tax etc) on relevant issues.
- Process Improvements and controls – Proactively seek to develop better ways of working to ensure tasks are completed efficiently with emphasis on financial controls.
- Ability to deal with adhoc requests and manage conflicting deadlines.
- Work on adhoc projects ensuring the end goal is achieved
- Build effective relationships with senior stakeholders across the business.
- Interact with auditors (internal and external), deal with queries and help facilitate their reviews
- Carry out analysis on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis by business area and product for current year as well as versus prior year.
- Understand KPIs and highlight any deviations from the standard.
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- Professional qualification – ACCA or CIMA
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Prior experience in a finance
- Previously worked in a fast paced environment
Be great to also have:
- A positive and flexible approach to work
- Time management