Senior Risk Specialist (Shared Services)
Job Title: Senior Security Risk Specialist
Location: Soapworks – Salford Quays, Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits
What we can offer you
We’re big on giving people a choice about how they work at TalkTalk. That’s why we’re embracing what we call ‘next generation ways of working’. Put simply, we’ll give you a real say about how, when and where you work – and all the tools you need to do it.
We want everyone here to have an impact; to have a voice. To be part of something big. To be part of something new. In every role, in every team, people here are given a say. What can we do better? How can we simplify things for our customers? Where next? What next? How can we get where we want to be? And when can we get there?
We'll get the best out of you so you can do great things for our customers.
You’ll join a pacy, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Security Risk Management Experience
- Proven experience in Cyber Security Risk
- Understanding of security controls framework
- Understanding of Vulnerability Management
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Great Team player
It would also be great to have:
- Understanding of Security standards.
- Experience of telco / ISP provider
- Experience on IRAM2 methodology.
- Knowledge of GRC tooling.
About Senior Security Risk Specialist
The Senior Security Risk Specialist role will be a crucial role in the identification, analysis, monitoring and remediation of security risks. The Senior Security Risk Specialist will be responsible for supporting the overall management of security risk management and governance within TalkTalk.
In this role you’ll work with all parts of the Group businesses to identify and treat information security risks. You will provide trusted advice to the business, delivering clear statements of security risk and supporting the business in developing remediation plans to reduce our overall risk position. You'll be working as part of the wider security team within TalkTalk which has grown significantly over the past two years and is driving truly transformative change in security maturity.
How will you add value to this role?
- Management and working ownership of the TalkTalk Security Risk Register.
- Manage Security Risk (control deficiencies and technical vulnerabilities) and the associated remediation processes through engagement with Business and Technology stakeholders.
- Manage and continually improve the TalkTalk Security Exception process.
- Provide support from the Security Risk Management function to the Vulnerability Management function.
- Communicate details of the current risk profile, risk acceptances and tolerance to stakeholders within the organization.
- Operate GRC tool for Risk Management to record, track and monitor risks and controls.
- Work alongside the other parts of the security function to identify and record and manage Security Risks.
- Support the Head of Security Risk management in security controls maturity management within TalkTalk as per agreed yearly targets.
- Support Security Compliance Audits (External and Internal), including ISO27001, CAS(T) and PCI-DSS.
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve never been afraid to shake things up. It’s been a way of life for us ever since we were founded. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved – and we want to keep on pushing the boundaries. So today we’re putting our focus on customers and technology like never before. After all, the better our technology, the better placed we’ll be to get things right first time for the millions of people who count on it.
Our plans for the future are exciting, and not just for us. If you’ve got ambitions as big as our own, you can help to revolutionise our business. And right now, that’s got to be the biggest reason to get on board.