Senior Test Engineer
Job Description Summary
The role is critical to assuring the quality of code created within OSS Delivery and with accelerating the testing process via automation.
Blurring the boundary between testing and software development, the Senior Test Engineer will plan, design and execute test cases, contribute to the automation framework and act as a Test Lead on projects.
What will this role be doing?
This role supports the OSS Delivery Team Leader by:
- Work within a multi discipline software delivery team and act as a true technical lead from a Testing perspective
- Undertake activities at all stages of the SDLC including engagement with Business Stakeholders, Solution Design, Platform Owners and Business Analysis.
- Own, shape and mould our systems, by producing high quality readable deliverables
- Act as a mentor/leader, coach and technical lead to the rest of the team and the department.
- Drive forwards best practice adoption and creation in our software architecture and Testing patterns and principles
- Work with management to foster a culture of knowledge sharing and the importance of documentation and workshops to create strength in depth within the team.
- Work with Developers, Business Analysts, Solution Designers and other testers to understand the business requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team and wider department, such as innovation initiatives, technical debt removal, automation and process improvements
- Ensure everything produced by our team is of good quality, by performing reviews and delivering feedback in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Support and assist the Team Leader to prepare deployment plans and highlight all known dependencies and risks, including deputising for the team leader when required.
- Validate Test Plans and Cases for our systems as they progress through each of the further testing levels - Planning, Estimating, Executing and Automating test cases to prove the appropriate requirements within a release.
- Help to define and promote best practices for testing within the department, and ensure the use of them when it is the right thing to do.
- Oversee and validate the Regression Test Pack and automate the most valuable tests contained within.
- Ensuring the appropriate testing evidence is completed at all testing phases.
- Continually evaluating the test automation approach, looking for improvements and simplifications.
- Supporting the developers by suggesting ways that the systems can be written to make them easier to test.
- Lead on planning and sizing of project requirements in isolation or with the rest of the team
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- A passion for testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent Understanding of Testing Processes
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile models
- Proven testing track record with 3+ yrs SDLC experience
- Experience of automation technologies
Be great to also have:
- Understanding of Telecoms products and services
- ISTQB Advanced
- Experience of C#, .Net, C++, Microsoft SQL Server
- Automation Testing
- Continuous Integration
- Degree or equivalent in computing/engineering
- Knowledge of SOAPUI/Postman