Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst (24/7 Shift work)
Location: Soapworks – Salford Quays, Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits
About the Service Desk Analyst role:
As a Service Desk Analyst working from our Soapworks office, you will be part of our fast-paced enterprise Service Desk which acts as the single route in for technology related issues. Highly customer focused, you will be the ‘face’ of Technology, acting as the first point of contact for colleagues to raise, triage and manage incidents (P1-P3) and user service requests.
You will be able to apply your technical expertise to take the lead in driving the resolution of issues owned by the team. This will include aiming for a high first time fix rate of incidents across our network, systems and offices; together with support of users’ PC's such as password resets, installing software and resolving user issues.
You will support colleagues across TalkTalk Technology, TalkTalk Business, TalkTalk Consumer and our outsourced partners, ensuring issues are resolved within SLA and keeping them informed throughout the life of their issue.
Due to the nature of the role, this is an office-based position, working out of our Soapworks campus.
How will I add value in this role?
• Providing excellent levels of service to all those contacting the Service Desk.
• Respond to user/customer queries raised via telephone; incident tickets or walk ups.
• Ownership of issues throughout their lifecycle, driving the timely resolution of tickets, minimising the impact to the end user base and driving a first time fix for users.
• Adhering to agreed processes and compliance frameworks to ensure a consistent service experience for users.
• Working to meet or exceed agreed SLAs and KPIs.
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders and external partners to progress requests and incidents. This will include setting up and running conference calls where required.
• Own the efficient and effective communication of incidents across the business, ensuring that communications contain relevant detail and are clearly written to be understandable to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Carry out proactive impact assessments on issues raised and prioritise workloads based on impact and urgency.
• Following agreed escalation paths to remove blockers to issue resolution.
• Jeopardy management of tickets, managing your own workload to ensure that tickets meet their SLA and taking remedial action where SLAs may fail.
• Looking at trends in incident and request volumes that may be symptomatic of a deeper issue and acting on this insight.
• Managing tickets in our incident management system (Remedy), ensuring that tickets are updated across their lifecycle to provide auditability.
• Provide an effective handover of issues to Problem Management teams.
• Undertake additional tasks as reasonably be requested by your line manager.
You'll have PMO or Release coordinator experience with a good understanding of PM methodolgies and experience in MI, Reporting or Planning.
You will have a strong technical background and proven organisational and communication skills. A highly costumer focused person with a positive and flexible approach to work.
It would be also great if you have worked previously for a telecoms or a large company. ITIL knowledge is a large plus but is not required. We will provide you with all the support needed to develop yourself further!
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping