Service Transition Manager
Job Title: Service Transition Manager
What we can offer you
We’re big on giving people a choice about how they work at TalkTalk. That’s why we’re embracing what we call ‘next generation ways of working’. Put simply, we’ll give you a real say about how, when and where you work – and all the tools you need to do it.
We want everyone here to have an impact; to have a voice. To be part of something big. To be part of something new. In every role, in every team, people here are given a say. What can we do better? How can we simplify things for our customers? Where next? What next? How can we get where we want to be? And when can we get there?
We'll get the best out of you so you can do great things for our customers.
You’ll join a pacy, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. Your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also:
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Ability to practically demonstrate experience of Service Transition
- ITIL certification, preferably ITIL Expert
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with Internal / External customers
- Project Management Qualification (Prince2)
It would also be great to have:
- Service Improvement Methodologies (Six Sigma)
- Programme Management Qualification (MSP)
- ITIL – Managers Certification in Transition
About Service Transition Manager role:
Our Service Transition Managers are vital to ensuring the operation of our services to our customers. They take responsibility for managing projects and programmes to deliver Service Transition, using industry best practice to ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction from conception to operation. This role is key for delivering first-class information, technology and business solutions across Technology and the wider business.
How will I add value in this role?
- You will produce service transition plans to bring new projects/programmes into service, covering Service Transition.
- You will work with the relevant stakeholders and conduct Impact Analysis activity to ensure that specific implementation requirements are documented and delivered on time and on budget.
- You will optimise the effective use of all allocated resources, ensuring cost effective services to the customer.
- You will be responsible for operational resource requirements of new projects/programmes, ensuring the requirement is implemented and working with the Programme Office.
- You will participate and adhere to Audit responsibilities, including ISO9001 and other compliances.
We’re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We’ve never been afraid to shake things up. It’s been a way of life for us ever since we were founded. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved – and we want to keep on pushing the boundaries. So today we’re putting our focus on customers and technology like never before. After all, the better our technology, the better placed we’ll be to get things right first time for the millions of people who count on it.
Our plans for the future are exciting, and not just for us. If you’ve got ambitions as big as our own, you can help to revolutionise our business. And right now, that’s got to be the biggest reason to get on board.