Software Developer ' Manchester ' TalkTalk Digital
TalkTalk Digital is a division of TalkTalk Group delivering multi-channel Sales and Service engagement with our customers. The product-led customer experiences we create cover the entire Telco customer lifecycle on a wide variety of channels including web, mobile/tablet, IVR, chat and portals for customer service agents and in-home engineers. We aspire to utilise cutting edge technology and processes to provide market leading products and services. As a result, we can provide our employees with the opportunity to develop diverse skill sets and gain exposure to the latest technologies and innovations.
We have several agile squads, each is led by a senior developer. You will work in a squad, alongside product owners, external stakeholders, design and UX to identify opportunities help and define requirements and find the best fit solutions for our context and constraints. You will work with your team to plan, design and deliver the solution as well as improve coding practices and processes within your team. You will also work with other developers and the wider business to help identify new technology and opportunities to innovate in the wider business.
How will I add value in this role?
- Working in a team of developers to deliver projects for your squad
- Working with complex architecture
- Working with product owners, UX, design and testers to help define and create the best fit solution for our context and constraints.
- Developing and integrating server and client-side solutions against a backdrop of changing requirements
- Working in, and leading best practices for the full software development lifecycle (including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations)
- Operational support, log analysis and diagnosing root cause of live issues on production
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- Good: client-side HTML+CSS, understanding accessibility, responsive design, mobile first approaches, pattern libraries, web-components, pre-processors
- Good: familiarity with ReSTful microservice development, preferably based on .Net Core and C#
- Good: logging and monitoring
- Good: automated testing
- Nice to have: understanding of design patterns, object-orientated design, functional programming, data structures
- Nice to have: CI/CD, setting up pipelines and managing delivery with TFS
- Nice to have: Cloud computing with Azure, setting up services, authentication, delivery, scaling and network considerations
- Nice to have: Docker and containerisation of existing apps, orchestration with Kubernetes
- Nice to have: GraphQL
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Passion for quality and simplicity in solutions
- Performance mindset, and understanding how to quantify and improve
- A willingness to keep learning new tools and languages
- Ability to meet deadlines and think strategically
- Self-directed team player with demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong communicator with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to help clients and teammates make good decisions
- A willingness to improve practices, and care about doing good work
- Ability to see the big picture, not just the code
- Understanding and desire to provide the best customer experience possible
Why should I join TalkTalk?
I won't give you the big sell here but one thing I can tell you is that TalkTalk care ' whether that is about their customers or their employees. That's why we offer flexible working and remote working opportunities in order to promote a work-life balance.
Training and development are something we value so we are happy to help out as much as we can with learning new skills and also promote internal growth.
We run a number of initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion. And of course, the social life here is great from team lunches on a Friday to nights out and quizzes ' we make sure there is something to suit everyone.
If this role sounds appealing feel free to apply now or email email@example.com for more details