Software Developer ' Manchester ' TalkTalk
What are the team like?
TalkTalk Digital have grown rapidly since we made the move up to Manchester and the aim is to get us up to 25 by the end of the year! They operate in a fast-paced, Agile environment and the team themselves have a workhard, playhard mentality.
TalkTalk Digital are product-led and customer experience focused and operate across a number of channels including web, mobile/tablet, IVR, chat and portals for customer service agents and in-home engineers.
What will I be doing?
You will be coming in joining a squad where you will be building a brand new microservices platform in .Net Core, Angular and Azure. You don't need to have this experience already just a good software development background and an appetite to learn some new technologies.
You'll be working on a couple of major products for TalkTalk - our MyAccount application which will digitalise our customers' accounts or our consumer sales site where they can buy the latest TalkTalk products and see deals we have on.
How will I add value in this role?
- Working in a team of developers to deliver projects for your squad
- Working with complex architecture
- Working with product owners, UX, design and testers to help define and create the best fit solution for our context and constraints.
- Developing and integrating server and client-side solutions against a backdrop of changing requirements
- Working in, and leading best practices for the full software development lifecycle (including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations)
- Operational support, log analysis and diagnosing root cause of live issues on production
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- A good software development background - ideally full stack
- A willingness to learn new technologies
- Be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative business
- Someone who enjoys researching new tools and will introduce these to the team
- Ideally experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
Why should I join TalkTalk?
I won't give you the big sell here but one thing I can tell you is that TalkTalk care ' whether that is about their customers or their employees. That's why we offer flexible working and remote working opportunities in order to promote a work-life balance.
Training and development are something we value so we are happy to help out as much as we can with learning new skills and also promote internal growth.
We run a number of initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion. And of course, the social life here is great from team lunches on a Friday to nights out and quizzes ' we make sure there is something to suit everyone.
If this role sounds appealing feel free to apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details